This always boils down to a single question, is it worth my hard-earned shekels to purchase this? And by the very nature of this series and the ability to create any theatre and any plane, is it worth it in light of the fact that I can have it for free?
Well, you can have it for free. Provided you’re willing to hunt through countless pages and find every last file you need, install it, and then make sure it plays nice with all of your other add-ons, or execute another install entirely and hope for the best.
I really hate to mod. I do. I admire the talent and patience it takes to do it, but don’t ask me to. I like the fact that with a one-click install, I can have everything all lined up and ready to go with a minimum amount of fuss. You can either download every last little file and enjoy the exercise in sadomasochism that is making a 10GB game folder get along just peachy, and congratulate yourself on saving $30…or, you could have spent the $30 and already be playing. You don’t even have to pay shipping since it’s exclusively available by download on the Third Wire site.
Either way, the clean, organized and well-designed product that TK has put out is worth the money for the improved AI alone. I can easily recommend purchasing this.
- Much, MUCH more aggressive friendly and enemy AI.
- Historically-accurate campaigns.
- Easy, one-click installation gives loads of content.
- New graphics settings.
- Able to be modified, but it’s going to take time to adjust to the new title.
- No out-of-the-box compatibility with Vista.
- Still no user-made missions for multiplayer.
- Still no co-op multiplayer campaign mode.
Reviewer’s System Specs
- Intel E6550 dual-core proc (2 X 2.33Ghz)
- 2GB Corsair XMS PC6400 DDR2 RAM
- ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512MB video card
- Creative Audigy2ZS sound card
- 300GB SATAII HDD
- Saitek X45 HOTAS
- CH Rudder Pedals
- Windows XP
We want your Feedback. Please let us know what you thought of this article here.
Check out our Air Combat Zone Library! A percentage of Amazon sales is paid to SimHQ.