The Obutto R3Volution skeleton.
Home sweet home.
As an user of the original, the Obutto oZone Gaming Cockpit and now the Obutto R3Volution Gaming Cockpit, there are so many advancements over the oZone that it makes the R3Volution a must have.
- Articulating arms for the keyboard, table tops, and monitor.
- Center spline wire management.
- Wider pedal tray/well for larger pedals like the SIMPEDs.
- The cup holder means no more spilled beer.
- Seat sits higher for easier entering and exiting of the pit and comfortable.
- Sturdy and strong.
- Well-balanced, doesn’t have the tendency to tip over.
- Stays in place, doesn’t shift across the floor.
Could Be Better
- Matting for the keyboard and pedal tray, and wheel/yoke mount.
- Acrylic table top size.
- Table tops could use a 90° pivot point to allow for a monitor to switch between orientations, without needing to un-mount the monitor to swap positions.
- Additional wire management throughout the entire pit.
Reviewer’s System Specs
- Processor: i7 950
- Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R
- RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3
- Graphics Cards: EVGA GTX 460 SLI
- 1GB Storage: SanDisk 120GB, WD Velociraptor 600GB
- Power Supply: Antec truepower quattro 1200w
- Case: Antec DF-85
- Controllers: NaturalPoint TrackIR5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog & MFD Cougar Pack, CH Pro Pedals, Fanatec CSW with Formula Rim & CSPv2, TH8 RS Shifter, Black Max, Spek Pro Tach with SymProjects controller board, Shift Light
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
We want your Feedback. Please let us know what you thought of this article here.