homepage

1.16.2 Hellfires "missing"

Posted By: vyrago

1.16.2 Hellfires "missing" - 02/16/23 05:11 AM

I'm noticing that hellfires, both laser and radar are not impacting targets, but rather landing 10 meters in front of them. (sometimes that kills them if its an APC).

Ive attached a screenshot where you can see the impact in front of this T-80. [img]https://ibb.co/P5fN19m[/img]
Posted By: SKIP2008

Re: 1.16.2 Hellfires "missing" - 02/16/23 04:06 PM

Hi, at what range you launch the missile? in which mode? loal or lobl? Did you check the GWUT values?
Posted By: vyrago

Re: 1.16.2 Hellfires "missing" - 02/19/23 03:38 AM

So I did some more testing.....I think its a bug of sorts. I believe the "misses" happen when the game thinks the target is moving....but for whatever reason, the target isnt moving. Thats why the missile impacts slightly ahead of the target "path"....it thinks its moving. I'm quite confident this is whats happening. If I manually lock onto a spot on the ground, just below the target (like literally its wheels/tracks without actually locking the target) then the missile will get a good hit.
Posted By: FlyinJ

Re: 1.16.2 Hellfires "missing" - 01/21/24 07:11 PM

I'm having this exact issue. There are several T-80 tanks on the Lebanon map that have this bug. It may be with all tanks, it has happened to me several times all over the map. But the three sitting in Damascus Intl. Airport always have this issue. What happens is the hellfire will track to the target, then at the last second before impact it will snap off to the side and hit next to the tank. This happens using a Longbow/Radar type of hellfire where the target is locked in LOBL or LOAL mode. Romeo/Laser hellfires seem to target correctly.

EDIT: I just played the Thailand map and the same thing is happening with some T80U tanks.

This was happening in 1.16.1 and is still happening in 1.16.2
© 2024 SimHQ Forums