homepage

EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release

Posted By: Sandbagger

EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/24/08 12:16 PM

Hi All,
The long awaited 1.28 patch for EAW will be released later this evening (after final upload to the download sites).

It will be available from two separate download sites and in two forms. There will be a single 49Meg download for those with high speed modems (Broadband, ASDL etc). Also, a split version for those with slower modem connections (DialUp etc). The latter will have the single patch file split into smaller parts, which can be reformed after download to recreate the single patch file.

The download sites will give an overview of what is contained in the patch.

I'll post the release later this evening and put up a thread for comments/questions regards the patch (hopefully not too many install/running problems??).

Many thanks to the members of the EAW SEAWC Coders group for their time and efforts to produce this 'lift for the old girl'

Posted By: Weird_Crapolla

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/24/08 12:21 PM

Hi,

OFF
Posted By: Fran_Zee

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/24/08 03:18 PM

Donīt forget the appropriate advertising ;\)
Posted By: radial madness

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/24/08 04:27 PM

I'm almost afraid to install it! I just got EAW working with an old Win98 system (Intel P4 2.6GHz) that I "updated" with an ATI 9200 and Turtle Beach Riviera. Any anticipated problems here? Congratulations and thanks for your efforts!
Posted By: Knegel

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/24/08 04:36 PM

Hi rm,

no problems to expect!! Just make a copy of your current EAW installation, call the folder EAW1.28(or what ever) then run the patch. In this way you wont lose the EAW1.2 installation and you will have the 1.28 installation aside of it.

Greetings,

Knegel

P.S.: A big PEW for having this released(at least). \:\)
Posted By: Uriah

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/24/08 05:25 PM

Yahoo, now the code group can fly online with me during my time (7 AM to 2 PM central time USA).
\:\)
Posted By: Boom

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/24/08 10:52 PM

Been away from the old girl for quite a while now (more than a year). Gave up on it ever since I got a new comouter and NVidia card that resulted in the horrible 7217 problems.

Does this patch address this problem? Has it been resolved?

It's great to see all the work still being done on such a fun sim.
Posted By: MrJelly

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/24/08 11:29 PM

Pips:

The 7217 error has not yet been fully addressed because the complexity of the problem increased even further with the newer nVidia cards.

I have a PC with a 8400 GS card which cannot use the older drivers.

Quote:

[Display]
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ (2513 MHz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista
DirectX version: 10.0
GPU processor: GeForce 8400 GS
ForceWare version: 163.69
Total available graphics memory: 1023 MB
Dedicated video memory: 256 MB
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 767 MB
Video BIOS version: 60.86.50.00.00
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16

I have only minor problems running EAW in Vista.
The minor problems are the garbled map screen and no horizon fog. The fog problem is fixed by running the glide wrapper. AFAIK there is no Vista equivalent of the "no_adjusted_pitch" registry fix for XP, so I have to endure the garbled selection map screen.
However, if I put my XP HDD caddy in I get the 7217 error.

With XP I do not get the 7217 error if I use any of the older 7217 fixed versions of the eaw.exe, but screen tearing makes the selections impossible:

This did not happen previously, so is a new problem for us to solve, it is being worked on, but as we do not know how long it will take it made no point to delay the release any further.

What puzzles me is why Vista/DX10 somehow circumvents the 7217 error on my graphics card.

There are a number of "workarounds", the most obvious being to switch to an ATI card.

;\) Jel
Posted By: Boom

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/25/08 09:07 AM

Sure is a bummer. Especially so when sim's as old as EAW don't exhibit the same problem eg RB3D, CFS 2 and MiG Alley. \:\(
Posted By: LLv34_Doc_1

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/25/08 07:17 PM

YEP!

What a geat enjoyment to get this new version \:\)

Will try to fly it as soon as possible and give the link to my brother \:\)

A very very big thanks to Knegel and all the team !

Cheers, Olivier
Posted By: vonOben

Re: EAW 'Super Patch' 1.28 - Release - 06/29/08 06:39 AM

Hi

Thanks a lot for the new patch!
I can only imagine how much work and time you guys have put into it ;\)

Cheers
© 2024 SimHQ Forums