homepage

Legit question so no flaming

Posted By: Destructis

Legit question so no flaming - 02/05/07 10:53 PM

I picked my retail version of Vista on Saturday. I did the online thing and ordered the 64 bit version. I read on another message board [Hard Forums] that some software that has crappy copy protection stuff won't run on Vista 64 because the software has unsigned drivers. What I need to know is if FC will run on the 64 bit version of Vista?

Please I am not doing this to start the same old argument, I just want to know if anyone has tried it and if it works or not. It will help me determine which version of Vista I will install.

Thanks
Posted By: Dr. Shocker

Re: Legit question so no flaming - 02/05/07 11:17 PM

IIRC you can find the drivers that work for Vista on the SF site itself.
Posted By: Destructis

Re: Legit question so no flaming - 02/05/07 11:24 PM

Ahh cool thanks, I never thought of checking the SF site.

Quote:
The certification was run independently by VeriTest, a company that manages programs on behalf of Microsoft. The VeriTest lab report shows that StarForce® FrontLine complies with the requirements for both 32 and 64 bit versions of MICROSOFT® WINDOWS VISTA.
"Pass" status for each test case confirms that StarForce meets the strict security and compatibility requirements of Microsoft’s certification program.

In case anyone else was curious.
Posted By: swampthng

Re: Legit question so no flaming - 02/06/07 11:33 PM

I think your asking for a WORLD of trouble installing the 64 bit version of Vista right now. Driver support for vista 32 bit is bad enough, 64 bit is worse let alone the lack of application support. Do you have any 64 bit software that you are going to get a legit benefit from? Are you running more than 4gb of memory? If the answer is no to both of those i'd strongly recommend installing the 32 bit vista.
Posted By: Bard

Re: Legit question so no flaming - 02/07/07 02:14 PM

http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=83&id=1036

"A" version of starforce has been certified for vista, and will work on 64bit.

You'll need to dig around for the specific version, but at minimum you'll need to install a seperate starforce driver, and find out if that one is certified as well.

Posted By: Pink Panther

Re: Legit question so no flaming - 09/27/07 05:44 AM

I was running 64bit Vista. A game I bought, 'Sherlock Holmes: The Awakening' tried to install Tages copy protection but couldn't because of Vista's security. Went to Tage's website and got the updated version that is compatible with Vista 64bit. Didn't install it though. Instead went and got a crack for the game so I could run the game without Tages installed. And Tages claims on their website that their CP is uncrackable.
Posted By: Joe

Re: Legit question so no flaming - 10/02/07 02:53 PM

Your point? This thread is close to 8 months old and many compatibility issues with Vista have been bettered in that time. Lock On didn't have an issue back in February anyway.
Posted By: Pink Panther

Re: Legit question so no flaming - 10/03/07 02:08 AM

© 2024 SimHQ Forums