Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
#2531269 - 06/12/08 11:45 AM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: XabbaRus]  
Rahon Offline
Rahon  Offline

Plock, Poland
This is my first post on the forum, so i'd like to say 'hello' to all users \:\)

Arneh, you are doing a great job with this Mi-24, the cockpit looks amazing. I'd like to ask, is there any availability to add Hind to the 'Blue force' side? Since 1999 many counties from the former 'Warsaw Pact' joined NATO, so Mi-24 became then one of the helicopters in NATO service. I think it would be cool to fly Hind allso for the 'Blue force', espacially for the pilots from such countries like Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary etc. Of course only if it wouldn't be a big problem to make Hind available for both conflict sides.
Oh, and one another question - do you plan to make working wipers for this cockpit?

P.S.: Your Apache cockpit is super \:D

#2531272 - 06/12/08 12:00 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Rahon]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
 Originally Posted By: RoGaL
I'd like to ask, is there any availability to add Hind to the 'Blue force' side?

You could try exchanging some blackhawks for Mi-24s in the FORMCOMP.DAT files. I think that will work, but haven't tried myself.

Quote:
do you plan to make working wipers for this cockpit?

I hope so.

#2531356 - 06/12/08 02:40 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: arneh]  
Rahon Offline
Rahon  Offline

Plock, Poland
 Originally Posted By: arneh
You could try exchanging some blackhawks for Mi-24s in the FORMCOMP.DAT files. I think that will work, but haven't tried myself.

Thanks for reply, I'll try to do so. Do you think that after this my EECH will be compatibile with other 1.10.2 EECH versions in multiplayer?

#2531359 - 06/12/08 02:44 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Rahon]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
 Originally Posted By: RoGaL
Thanks for reply, I'll try to do so. Do you think that after this my EECH will be compatibile with other 1.10.2 EECH versions in multiplayer?

If it is compatible now then it should continue to be so. If it isn't then this change isn't going to make it compatible.

In multiplayer the server's FORMCOMP.DAT file is the one which is used, so it doesn't matter what the clients use, or if they are different.

#2531468 - 06/12/08 06:07 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: arneh]  
Rahon Offline
Rahon  Offline

Plock, Poland
Thanks alot Arneh, it works \:\)

BTW Maybe someone knows which texture file is used for Hind's fuselage, and is there any way to make polish signs for Blue side Hinds?

Last edited by RoGaL; 06/12/08 08:06 PM.
#2531820 - 06/13/08 05:50 AM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Rahon]  
Alemart Offline
Alemart  Offline

Zárate, Buenos Aires Province,...
Well, inside ...\cohokum\graphics\textures\camo i found "RED_STAR_64X64.dds" and "RUSSIANSTAR_64X64.dds", inside ...\cohokum\graphics\textures\general i found "US_NAVY.dds" and "US_NAVY-W.dds", now, the first two appears to be all the marking the red forces vehicles use, because i have founf copies inside the ...\cohokum\graphics\textures\terrain\[map] folders, so i guess those two are for red, i have not been able to find one that does the same for blue forces, but i think that the hinds must use those textures aniway, so maybe you will not be able to use both red and blue vehicles in a polish map?.

*UPDATE*
I found that "US_AIR_FORCE_50.dds", "STARBAR_50.dds", "STARNAVY_50.dds", "HARR_MARINES_50.dds" and "_AH64_UNITED_128X16-W.dds" are for us vehicles too, and i suspect that "AH1_ENGINE_SYMBOL.dds", "AH1_MARINES.dds", "AH1_MARINESR.dds", "AH64_DANGER.dds", "AH64_NO_STEP.dds", "AH64_NO_STEP-W.dds"... in fact, descriptive textures mean something to those vehicles, but aparently not all vehicles has individual textures, so most probably you have vehicles that share the same texture.

Last edited by Alemart; 06/13/08 05:57 AM.

Raúl Alejandro Molina Rosetti A.K.A.:
Alemart_el_Redentor.
Alemart_the_Redeemer.
Alemart.
Antaeus.
FAA-117
FAAVPilot.
pupae_pedorra.

Major, Argentine Virtual Air Force.
#2531823 - 06/13/08 06:02 AM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Rahon]  
Alemart Offline
Alemart  Offline

Now for your specific question, i would try with "HAV CAMO4", "HELIX_CAM_02", "HOKUM CAM" or "KA52_CAMO" (all variants), one of those must be the one, also, "HIP_WHEEL" (all variants) must be the wheel.

Last edited by Alemart; 06/13/08 06:03 AM.

Alemart_el_Redentor.
Alemart_the_Redeemer.
Alemart.
Antaeus.
FAA-117
FAAVPilot.
pupae_pedorra.

#2531871 - 06/13/08 09:47 AM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Alemart]  
Rahon Offline
Rahon  Offline

Plock, Poland
So it looks like I have to copy originall Hind 3D model and change (with a hex editor) some assignments about textures and nationality signs, if I want to have polish Hind for the blue force, and keep other red choppers unchanged. Is it possible? If it is, where can I find Hind's 3D model (or any other file responsible for covering this helo with rextures)? I've looked thorough my aphavoc, cohokum and common folders and found nothing except Hind.dyn which is apparently a flight dynamics file \:\( Did I miss something or are those things being controlled by main cohokum.exe application?

#2531876 - 06/13/08 10:20 AM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Rahon]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
Don't know if the same model can have different textures for different sides as there are no models like which are used by both sides currently (closest is AH-1W for US and AH-1J for Iran, but those are different models). So would possibly need exe changes for that.

If you want to look at the models have a look at http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=3D_modeling#Exporting which explains how you can export the 3D-models of EECH, and import them again after making changes. But as I said, even if you do create a new model, getting EECH to use it may require exe-changes.

#2532299 - 06/13/08 10:49 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: arneh]  
Rahon Offline
Rahon  Offline

Plock, Poland
Ok. I've repainted Hind a bit. The nationality insignia are RED_STAR_64X64.dds and RUSSIANSTAR_64X64.dds, aswell as RED_STAR_64X64-W.dds and RUSSIANSTAR_64X64-W.dds, but those, that are located in cohokum/graphics/textures/terrain/terrain folder (i.eg. Cuba Georgia etc.), I guess, that those in cohokum/graphics/textures/camo folder are used only for ground and naval vehicles. The texture responsible for fuselage camo is HOKUM CAM.bmp. The biggest problem was with the bottom camouflage texture. I've tried HELIX CAM, and other that looked similar, but with no effect. After I've opened DEBUG.txt, I found out that texture I need is HIP_UNDER_MK1.bmp. I've been looking for it, but I found nothing. That confused me a bit, but I've made new texture named as the one I look for, put it into camo folder, and that worked \:D . However it is strange to me, that this texture was not existing before, but it was used by the game (maybe cohokum.exe was writing it temporarly during each startup, but I'm not sure of that).

EDIT:
That's how it looks:

Last edited by RoGaL; 06/16/08 11:25 AM.
#2534166 - 06/17/08 08:14 AM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Rahon]  
GCsDriver Offline
GCsDriver  Offline

Nice one.
All original textures are stored in a compressed file, only the modded ones show up in the folder structure. There`s a tool to extract the original ones, btw. Also the Hind is perfect as a first model to be retextured as the textures are perfectly mapped. Unfortunately most other helis have an offset of some degrees to their texture mapping resulting in misaligned looks...

I`m just the group commanders KA-52 driver, so I wanna KA-50 all for myself...
#2534189 - 06/17/08 09:43 AM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: GCsDriver]  
Gr.Viper Offline
Gr.Viper  Offline

Russia
Nicely Polished

#2534878 - 06/18/08 02:52 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Gr.Viper]  
Rahon Offline
Rahon  Offline

Plock, Poland
Thanks for Your opinion \:D .
Is there any way to change Hinds payload capabilities in EECH? In the game it can carry only up to 4 Spirals and 4 containers of unguided missiles. In real it can carry optionally up to 8 Spirals, 2 UPK-23-250 (GSh-23L canon containers), 2 bombs, unguided missiles, 4 Aphid air to air missiles (I'm not sure of that) and some more. So wide range of armament opportunities gives Hind possibility to perform different types of missions, so I think that it would be nice to have this possibility allso in the game. But I don't know how to make it. \:\(

BTW: Does EECH support Force Feedback? I've bought some days ago joystick with vibration possibilities (still not FF, but better this than nothing). It works well on some other games I've played, but not in EECH, so I wonder is there no FF support or maybe I haven't configured anything properly?

Last edited by RoGaL; 06/18/08 02:52 PM.
#2535205 - 06/18/08 11:22 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Rahon]  
Alemart Offline
Alemart  Offline

WOW man, it looks REALLY good!, did you had any problems with the formations by putting the Mi-24V's in blue?(i mean if ALL the hinds were polish, or just blue hinds).

Last edited by Alemart; 06/18/08 11:28 PM.

Alemart_el_Redentor.
Alemart_the_Redeemer.
Alemart.
Antaeus.
FAA-117
FAAVPilot.
pupae_pedorra.

#2535207 - 06/18/08 11:27 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Rahon]  
Alemart Offline
Alemart  Offline

Ahh, by the way, you can not change payload as that for now, i was able to swap some weapons in the past but not anymore, you can however change the payload completly, but it will have some issues (like, if you put a payload with some kind of canon on a helo that does not have that canon, or rockets/missiles on a helo with no pylons), i have been playing aroun with the source code, teorically you can add a new interface to directly edit payloads (i have been working on something like that, implemented in the payload screen and replacing all functions with new ones), but i have troubles, i can not compile, so all my work has never been tested, i did however learned a lot about programming in C :P.

Alemart_el_Redentor.
Alemart_the_Redeemer.
Alemart.
Antaeus.
FAA-117
FAAVPilot.
pupae_pedorra.

#2535526 - 06/19/08 12:38 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Alemart]  
Rahon Offline
Rahon  Offline

Plock, Poland
Thanks Alemart.

As for Your question about Hind - unfortunatelly that's the main disadvantage of mine "mod" (or however You'd like to call it), that not only Hinds, but all soviet helicopters are getting polish signs. It's because they're sharing same sign texture. Furthermore all Hinds having this green fuselage texture. It doesn't seem to be a problem (at least I think so) when You flying on the blue side, when You have shoot soviet aircrafts down instead of staring at them, but if someone is flying on the red side it may be annoying for him. Thats why I've made allso reinstalation pack, which restores all changes. I cheked it on my copy of EECH and it works well. Having both instalation and deinstalation files allows You to manage this mod and have polish Hinds or propper soviet textures whenever you wish to. Now I'm thinking, is there any sense to host it somewhere, so EECH community would be able to use it. I'm allso thinking about making textures for some other NATO Hind users (i.eg. Czech Republic, Hungary etc., maybe allso Ukraine).

#2535586 - 06/19/08 01:52 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Rahon]  
pilot111 Offline
pilot111  Offline

Sofia Bulgaria

Last edited by pilot111; 06/19/08 01:52 PM.
#2535626 - 06/19/08 02:46 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: pilot111]  
Gr.Viper Offline
Gr.Viper  Offline

Russia
WOW!
pilot, those are some awesome pics!

And that paper map in action looks so nice \:\)

#2535853 - 06/19/08 07:46 PM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: Alemart]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
 Originally Posted By: Alemart
but i have troubles, i can not compile, so all my work has never been tested, i did however learned a lot about programming in C

It's not so hard to get EECH to compile, so if you describe what problems you have compiling (send me a PM) I'm sure it's solvable.
Have you seen http://www.eechcentral.com/wiki/index.php?title=Development ?

#2536072 - 06/20/08 02:40 AM Re: Mi-24V cockpit [work in progress] [Re: arneh]  
Alemart Offline
Alemart  Offline

Well thank you very much ^_^, but i am not sure, i installed the DXSDK and "OpenWATCOM", but i could not get anithing from that developers site, also, i had problems with the DXSDK, so i uninstalled everithing but the source code, after that, i have been working with the help of some C programming manuals i get at my local bookstore and the latests source code, still, i had to replace large parts of the weapons management and write new portions, i used as much previous code as i could, the worst is the fact that i had to get all the weapons variables, the newly implemented ballistic stuff was very helpful.
What i am trying to do is, to give every vehicle a value for it's pylons, so, in the loadout screen you have all the weapons available that could fit on the craft, of course limited by realism and country (that could be extended to an even much finer selection), it made it so it interacts with another file (that is not available yet) in that way, you can add weapons and vehicle data.
The chaff, flare, cannon and ejector seats were not touched, but i did add ejection seats to many vehicles, still, i think that will need refinements and maybe visual fixes (i am not sure).
Note that all this WAS NEVER tested, i try my best and aparetly it is OK, but it will surely need a LOT of debugging, note also that i am making this in my spare time "spare time", that is, when i am not flying on FSX or EECH.

Alemart_el_Redentor.
Alemart_the_Redeemer.
Alemart.
Antaeus.
FAA-117
FAAVPilot.
pupae_pedorra.

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.