Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2369438 - 11/02/07 10:14 PM Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces  
Shepski Offline
Shepski  Offline

Canada
Posted by Wags today...

"One of the big goals for DCS: Black Shark has been to improve the existing TFCSE-based engine to provide a better, more detailed low-altitude flying environment. Eagle has been hard at work on this and many of the results can be read about here, at the bottom of the page:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...efault&lang=en

However, in parallel, some very talented individuals have been creating very impressive terrain content that will bring the TFCSE-based terrain to an even higher level. With this in mind, The “Sim-Mod” team is now an official “modder” group that will be working closely with Eagle on “DCS: Black Shark” and much of their work will be integrated into the release product.

http://sim-mod.com/

This is not to say that the “Sim-Mod” modifications will not find their way into other TFCSE-based products like Flaming Cliffs. “Sim-Mod” has full freedom from Eagle to do so.

Both Eagle and the “Sim-Mod” team are very excited about this pairing and we believe it will product an even better “DCS: Black Shark” final product."

Thread here: http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showthread.php?t=230

What the mod team is up to at this time...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2369455 - 11/02/07 11:08 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Shepski]  
bord Offline
bord  Offline

Congrats Sim-Mod team. After being ignored from ED for almost two years it's good that we'll be receiving new content even though it comes from the modding community.

Always question authority, it's the only way to effect change for the better.
#2369490 - 11/03/07 12:30 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: bord]  
Pizzicato Offline
Asleep at the Wheel
Pizzicato  Offline
Asleep at the Wheel

Vancouver, BC
 Originally Posted By: bord
Congrats Sim-Mod team. After being ignored from ED for almost two years it's good that we'll be receiving new content even though it comes from the modding community.

Yes, because ED should have spent the last two years drip feeding you new content for free instead of developing Black Shark and their A-10 simulator. How dare they release a product, back it up with a phenomenal add-on and then not keep providing you with new content indefinitely...

Evil ED...

Bad ED...

Why does everything have to have some negative connotation? Why can't you just read something like that and say "Sounds good!" or whatever?

I'm not specifically referring to Bord here - just the general attitude of flight simmers.

Meh... maybe I shouldn't post when I'm a bad mood. \:D

---------
Pizzicato
#2369495 - 11/03/07 12:41 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Pizzicato]  
bord Offline
bord  Offline

Originally Posted By: Pizzicato

ED should have patched unacceptable issues with FC that caused havoc with any kind of BVR. They acknowledge the problems. They've also got our money. I'll pose a question to you: Who in this thread wanted something for free? I never stated that I expected anything from them but to patch the game so the missiles worked, the radar would look-down/shoot-down, ecm blinking couldn't be exploited and other stuff that's been broken in the code. My point that sailed right over your head was that ED acknowledges the community when it's beneficial to them. I'm sorry you're in a bad mood. I didn't think you were being a dick with your response.;)

#2369500 - 11/03/07 12:48 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: bord]  
Pizzicato Offline
Asleep at the Wheel
Pizzicato  Offline
Asleep at the Wheel

Vancouver, BC
 Originally Posted By: Pizzicato

ED should have patched unacceptable issues with FC that caused havoc with any kind of BVR. They acknowledge the problems. They've also got our money. I'll pose a question to you: Who in this thread wanted something for free? I never stated that I expected anything from them but to patch the game so the missiles worked, the radar would look-down/shoot-down, ecm blinking couldn't be exploited and other stuff that's been broken in the code. My point that sailed right over your head was that ED acknowledges the community when it's beneficial to them. I'm sorry you're in a bad mood. I didn't think you were being a dick with your response.;)

Ah, you're right. They should fix that stuff.

It's tough to know where to draw the line, but 'broken' is definitely wrong and those issues should have been addressed. I think all flight sims are broken to some degree, though. None of them accurately model every aspect to 100% perfection and they are always missing features, so someone is always going to be annoyed.

I never really spent enough time in Lock-On's fast movers to feel the pain of the issues you've mentioned, but I know that the F-15 is widely regarded as crippled and you're right - those issues really should have been addressed.

Finally, I'm not sure why I'm in a bad mood. It's Friday, the beer has just been handed out in work and I've actually had a pretty good week. Apparently I'm an idiot. OK - I'm going to switch into a happy mood now. \:\)

---------
Pizzicato
#2369511 - 11/03/07 01:14 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Pizzicato]  
bord Offline
bord  Offline

Beer = the cure for what ails you. \:\)

#2369587 - 11/03/07 04:14 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Shepski]  
Brennus Offline
Urban Legend
Brennus  Offline
Urban Legend
Hotshot

Detroit, MI
 Originally Posted By: Shepski
However, in parallel, some very talented individuals have been creating very impressive terrain content that will bring the TFCSE-based terrain to an even higher level. With this in mind, The “Sim-Mod” team is now an official “modder” group that will be working closely with Eagle on “DCS: Black Shark” and much of their work will be integrated into the release product.

Interesting! Congrats to all involved!

Win/Win as I see it!

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
#2369606 - 11/03/07 05:22 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Brennus]  
Colt40Five Offline
Polyatheist
Colt40Five  Offline
Polyatheist
Veteran

Heart of Dixie
This just means that now we will have to wait for the terrain until DCS:BS comes out? Great.

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, or how smart you are, If it doesn't agree with experiment it is WRONG. ~Richard Feynman
#2369617 - 11/03/07 05:49 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Shepski]  
Brennus Offline
Urban Legend
Brennus  Offline
Urban Legend
Hotshot

Detroit, MI
 Originally Posted By: Shepski
This is not to say that the “Sim-Mod” modifications will not find their way into other TFCSE-based products like Flaming Cliffs. “Sim-Mod” has full freedom from Eagle to do so.

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
#2370503 - 11/04/07 06:36 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Brennus]  
Cali Offline
Military Advisor - USAF
Cali  Offline
Military Advisor - USAF

Davis-Monthan AFB, Az
That's nice of ed to add...hopefully we will see a final patch for lock on. And hopefully they'll learn how to treat there people better.

i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard

#2370723 - 11/05/07 01:39 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Cali]  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
Great news...good to hear of collaboration between modders and developers.

#2371600 - 11/06/07 02:09 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Colt40Five]  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
 Originally Posted By: Colt40Five
This just means that now we will have to wait for the terrain until DCS:BS comes out? Great.

sim-mod site mentioned that would not be a problem.

#2371923 - 11/06/07 02:07 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Cali]  
SlapStik Offline
SlapStik  Offline

Concord, NC
Time practice with EECH2 and the SU25T, gotta learn Russian,,,,,

Those secreenies are amazing, can't wait!

Thanks

DFord8 aka SlapStik
Intel i7 2600K SB, DDR3 1600 8 gb ram, Win7 64,
EVGA GTX 570 1280gb, Intel 80gb SSD.
TM Warthog #1547, MFD pack, CH PP & TIR4

#2371927 - 11/06/07 02:09 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: SlapStik]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Il-2 can help you there, too. ;\)

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#2372879 - 11/07/07 02:43 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: bord]  
Bard Offline
Bard  Offline

Victoria BC Canada
ED should have patched unacceptable issues with FC that caused havoc with any kind of BVR. They acknowledge the problems. They've also got our money.

They should also have given the purchasers of LOMAC the proper multiplayer code (that they included in FC) instead of leaving them with the placeholder code they rushed in to ship the product.

Let's face it - their business model focuses on THEIR needs, not OURS. That's business - no matter how stinky it is. Not much different to Electronic Arts.

What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:

"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson

"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman

NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
#2372894 - 11/07/07 02:59 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Bard]  
Joe Offline
Veteran
Joe  Offline
Veteran

Bridgewater, NJ
Let's see... Electronic Arts abandoned flight sim development seven years ago and has been completely unresponsive to the community ever since.

Eagle Dynamics, in that same seven years, has released Flanker 2.5, developed and released LOMAC, patched it twice, developed and released Flaming Cliffs, and patched FC four times. In the meantime they devloped a mil-spec A-10C sim and are well on their way to completing the highest-fidelity consumer helicopter sim ever .

Doesn't sound like EA to me... I understand your point and some of ED's business decisions have been disappointing, but at least give them credit for developing flight sims when almost no one else seems to want to.

#2372937 - 11/07/07 03:57 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Joe]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Actually, Flanker 2.5 was released for free instead of being payware, and that probably hurt them quite a bit. They had to work on that stuff and got nothing back.

As for having to "pay for FC to fix LOMAC", I think it's a moot point as many of us were getting FC anyway. Granted some might not have if it ONLY added the 25T/25 AFM as they don't fly them, but you never get 100% attach rate on an expansion pack.

Frankly, if it wasn't for Ubi's intractability, I'm sure we would've seen LOMAC 2 featuring the NEW Su-25T and some other improvements as a stand alone full release a year or so ago and LOMAC would've stopped with 1.02.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#2374291 - 11/08/07 10:53 PM Re: Eagle Dynamics and "Sim-Mod" Team Joining Forces [Re: Joe]  
BeachAV8R Offline
Lifer
BeachAV8R  Offline
Lifer

KCLT
 Originally Posted By: Joe
Eagle Dynamics, in that same seven years, has released Flanker 2.5, developed and released LOMAC, patched it twice, developed and released Flaming Cliffs, and patched FC four times. In the meantime they devloped a mil-spec A-10C sim and are well on their way to completing the highest-fidelity consumer helicopter sim ever.

Amen bro... They are still out there swinging and innovating. Good for them..good for us..

BeachAV8R

#2379292 - 11/15/07 11:44 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and \"Sim-Mod\" Team Joining Forces [Re: BeachAV8R]  
Pink Panther Offline
Pink Panther  Offline

North America
Those graphics look great. Just hope my PC can handle them well.

#2381782 - 11/19/07 01:39 AM Re: Eagle Dynamics and \"Sim-Mod\" Team Joining Forces [Re: Pink Panther]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
that means absolutely nothing to me untill i get my spinning fans on my a-10!! GRRRRRRR

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.