Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2492841 - 04/12/08 11:15 AM STICKY: SimHQ Summer Series...FM2...  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida

Watch this page for updates and scores!

What:

This is a unofficial SimHQ Summer Series for 2008. During the month of May, Every Saturday at Noon Eastern there will be one race in the series. The races, race class, setups, and rules are below. Each racer will get points for how they place, at the end of the 4 class races, Race class will be assigned by your point standings. There is no prizes or gifts, or entry fee's, this is just for summer fun. It is also invitation only, meaning that it only holds 8 racers, so invitations will be sent out to SimHQ members who are known to have and have played with our group before, any left over slots can be filled by newcomers. If you are interested in a invitation to this race, please let me know via SimHQ PM, just so I don't miss anyone of the regulars. After each event the score will be posted here, along with a highlight video of the replay and screenshots.

When:

Race 1: Saturday, May 03 @Noon Eastern.

Track: Sebring International Raceway, Short 2.00 distance.

10 laps

Car Class: R4 only

Race 2: Saturday, May 10 @Noon Eastern.

Track: Suzuka Circuit East, Short 1.39 distance.

10 laps

Car Class: R3 only

Race 3: Saturday, May 17 @Noon Eastern.

Track: Silverstone National Circuit, Short 1.63 distance.

10 laps

Car Class: R2 only

Race 4: Saturday, May 24 @Noon Eastern.

Track: Sunset Peninsula Infield, Short 1.94 distance.

10 laps

Car Class: R1 only

Race 5: Saturday, May 31 @Noon Eastern.

Track: Road America (download track), 4.00 distance.

10 laps

Car Class: Class assigned by total points so far, at the end of the forth race. Only Class A, B, C, and D cars will be used for the final.

*note: You'll notice I used small tracks and an average amount of laps. The purpose of this is to keep each race under 30 minutes, (these are not endurance races). I also did this to keep the playing field some what level, so people could be lapped, or leaders can be influenced by lapped cars, more visual contact then a wide open track that spreads everyone out to never be seen again.

*Rules: All the race set up options will be on realistic, that means tires, damage, gas, etc etc... no one should have to pit for gas on these races. But that also means that if you bump too hard in front of you, you could blow an engine, there is no restarts once a clean start is taken, and only I have the decision power to re-start the race if lag or whatever ruins a clean start, but only a maximum of 3 restarts per race is allowed, and again, only on the first start...once we enter the first turn the race is on. (There will be no AI drivers to mess us up).

All this said, you are expected to treat your car and this race like it was real. You will not cut or damage someone on purpose, you will not block or brake hard to take someone out, if you spin you will re-enter the track properly. Now that's not saying you can't race, if it's down to the last couple of laps, your leading and number 2 keeps sticking his nose in to pass, then blocking is allowed, and the number 2 is responsible for making a clean pass. When it comes down to the final race in the series, then more serious racing... rubbin is racin... type stuff will be allowed, but not, I repeat, not blatant take outs... It's a racing game, have fun with it, try and win, but don't try and win dirty.

If something serious, and it has to be blatant and serious occurs, I will watch the replay, and make a determination to take away 1 point for each bad driving decision, but understand, taking away a point from a driver will be a last resort, and only if I am 100% convinced it was deliberate.

Scoring:

All Races will have a scoring system, sweet and simple:

1st place: 8 points

2nd place: 7

3rd place: 6

4th place: 5

5th place: 4

6th place: 3

7th place: 2

8th place: 1

The leader board will be posted here on this page within 24 hours after the race.

LeaderBoard:
SkateZilla; 8, 8, 7, 8, 7 (38)
Magnum; 5, 7, 6. 6, 5 (29)
Kerpal CZ; 6, 6, 4, 4, 6 (26)
Pfiel; 8, 7, 8 (23)
Leemz; 5, 5, 4 (14)
Mute72; 7 (7)
Danthesasquash; 4 (4)

Finals:

OK, the final race is like NASCAR's top ten. At the end of the 4th race, all points will be tallied. The top 4 racers will be assigned class B cars, while the bottom 4 will be assigned class A cars. This shakes it up a bit, giving the bottom 4 a chance to add a point or two to the final tally.

At the end of the race, points will be tallied and a SimHQ Summer Series Champion will be announced.

Video's and Screen's:

Coming soon...check the SSS page a couple of days after each race.

*Final Note: This is my first attempt at hosting a racing event, feel free to give suggestions, recommendations etc etc on how to make this series better or fair'er. But understand the purpose of this series is to race RACE CARS, small tracks are used to bring us closer, and the final race was my way of balancing the series at the end... but I will take all recommendations and suggestions to heart, by May 1st this will be FINAL.

Thank you all.

STARTING GRID (meaning who's racing in the series.):
Magnum
OPEN SLOT
Pfiel
Clodhopper
OPEN SLOT
Thomas (mute71)
Joe (Kerpal-CZ)
SkateZilla

I went by who reply first to the invitations... if you decide you can't make it, then please let me know because there is a couple of more waiting... if your going to miss a race or two, feel free to team up with a replacement/stand in driver...but from SimHQ.

A note:

When FM2 came out I simple did the SP career (stopped about 75% in, got bored) and MP... The Magnum wasn't going to touch Arcade mode... well little did I know thats how you unlock most of the cars, and good cars at that... cars that can be used in MP...

So now I went through the arcade mode, finished gold in all but the last (long German) track, Nordstrom or something like that, silver there only. and unlocked 3 cars for each gold, 2 for silver, 1 for bronze...

Then I started that time trial thing, I'm about 65% through it... you have to beat a target time on each course with a certain vehicle... if you do, you unlock that car...

So, what I'm saying is to do the 2 arcade modes through, that way you learn the track and unlock some very fine cars...for the summer series coming up.

Also... for the race... the settings will be on realistic, like for fuel, tires, damage and all... but you can drive YOUR car anyway you want, either manual or automatic... with whatever aids you want on... but understand... manual, and the more aids you have OFF actually make you go faster... you have to drive better, but you do go faster... so work on changing to manual ASAP, and work on getting ride of some of those aids, you'll go faster.... BUT understand that it takes more work and skill to drive that way...so it's a choice you have to make before the upcoming summer series.

good luck

Last edited by Magnum; 05/31/08 04:58 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2520302 - 05/24/08 04:32 PM Re: SimHQ Summer Series...FM2... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
FINAL Race:

Race 5: Saturday, May 31 @Noon Eastern.

Track: Road America (download track), 4.00 distance.

10 laps, Class A and B cars.

Current Leaderboard:

1. SkateZilla; 8, 8, 7, 8 (31)

2. Magnum; 5, 7, 6. 6 (24)

3. Kerpal CZ; 6, 6, 4, 4 (20)

4. Pfiel; 8, 7 (15)

5. Leemz; 5, 5 (10)

6. Mute72; 7 (7) (failed to qualify for the cup race)

7. Danthesasquash; 4 (4) (failed to qualify for the cup race)

Final Race Vehicle Assignment:

1. SkateZilla; B class car

2. Magnum; B class car

3. Kerpal CZ; A class car

4. Pfiel; A class car

5. Leemz; A class car

GOOD LUCK... this is the final race of the SimHQ Summer Series.

#2524177 - 05/31/08 05:06 PM Re: SimHQ Summer Series...FM2... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Congratulations to the SimHQ Summer Series 08 Cup Winner: Skate Zilla (38 points)

Series Final Point Standings:

SkateZilla; 8, 8, 7, 8, 7 (38)
Magnum; 5, 7, 6. 6, 5 (29)
Kerpal CZ; 6, 6, 4, 4, 6 (26)
Pfiel; 8, 7, 8 (23)
Leemz; 5, 5, 4 (14)
Mute72; 7 (7)
Danthesasquash; 4 (4)

Thank you all who participated, and all who showed up each and every week for the race.
In all fairness, Kerpal could of taken the first spot away from SkateZilla if leemz didn't take him out of the race twice... but thats part of racing.
Pfeil had a great run and possibly could of been a points contender, except for the first race he couldn't get in to tech issues, and missed the second event.
SkateZilla, was just plain amazing. Smooth as silk in almost every race, with very few mistakes, definitely a person who deserves the title of "SimHQ Summer Series 08 Champion".

Thx again everyone.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.