Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
#320999 - 09/02/06 02:40 AM Re: Simpit ideas *****  
dar Offline
dar  Offline

Toronto
Ah, very cool links Fufunka! Interesting to see what is possible!

From a practical (read "economic") standpoint, the only one I would consider at this time is the ivibe. I see EECH isn't listed as one of the sims natively supported by it, so I guess nothing came of that possibilty. However it still looks really interesting... I am definitely going to have a close look at it this weekend.

Thanks again mate!

P4 3.8
2GB SDRAM
X-FI PCI
nVidia Geforce7950 GX2 1GB
#321000 - 09/03/06 12:21 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
Retro Offline
Retro  Offline

Austria
Next version, did not change much: I added time of day (which in udpspeed only works as a label and not as a dial, not sure why) and changed the speed readout from m/s to km/h which (oddly enough) should fix the speed dial behaviour.

Shared memory also includes ekran and ufd readouts but I am not sure how (or if) this can be sent do udpspeed. Not sure yet how easy it would be to include other avionics variables (like bearing to waypoint etc) as this would mean a bit more involved code surgery.

Download

IVibe: I don't have this kit (and don't plan to get it), so don't think i can help here. I do think however that support for this kind of gadget should be integrated into the executable and not some external program, as that would imo be quite complicated (you'd need to export LOTS of variables and also events - better to keep that in the exe, couple it to the sound/force feedback system etc..)

Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#321001 - 09/03/06 09:28 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
Fufunka Offline
Fufunka  Offline

Retro> thanks! Would it be possible to add that

[radar alt]
as substitude for DeviceLink 66
(manifold pressure, range from +0.00 to +inf)

as it was on the priority list higher than for instance time&waypoint azimuth etc..

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=004612;p=7#000238

I'll give it a test as soon as possible

#321002 - 09/03/06 10:56 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
Fufunka Offline
Fufunka  Offline

Thanks to LazyCamel from forum.sukhoi.ru we now have to whole WCS panel info available. The big buttons under master arm are indeed emergency jettisons of the underwing payloads as suspected. For clarification of the other switches and more details see the updated post on previous page..
http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=004612;p=8#000257

These emergency jettison functions are not modeled in EECH as of now so if some coder wants to include them on his list this would be great.

No fancy animations are necessary just the logic function of droping either armed/unarmed (by selection) weapon payload from under the wings. And the other related switches..

#321003 - 09/04/06 08:53 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
dar Offline
dar  Offline

Toronto
Quote:
I do think however that support for this kind of gadget should be integrated into the executable and not some external program, as that would imo be quite complicated (you'd need to export LOTS of variables and also events - better to keep that in the exe, couple it to the sound/force feedback system etc..)
I am out of my depth here, but I think I understand what you are saying. I don't know how successful they have been with native support. My impression is that if one were to come up with a profile for a given sim oneself, the result would be very clumsy, since I believe it is only driven by sound output. Still, it might fit into the category of odd gizmos I would be willing to give a try. :rolleyes:

However, in the meantime I am much more intrigued by some of the things on offer at X keys. I am new to all this and I guess 99% of the people around here are familiar with their stuff, but their "Jog and Shuttle Pro" has really caught my eye. Not cheap (a little less than $250). But way more cost-effective than GoFlight. 46 buttons, each of which can be "shifted", for a total of 92 functions. Backlighting on the buttons, which can be toggled on and off (I believe for each button individually)- kewl! And optional transparent covers to change the colour of the illumination- kewl x2! Labels easily changed on the buttons for different sims. And I believe, if I understand the manual correctly, the center rotary switch is also assignable. Jog and Shuttle Pro

P4 3.8
2GB SDRAM
X-FI PCI
nVidia Geforce7950 GX2 1GB
#321004 - 09/06/06 09:36 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
Mapi Offline
Mapi  Offline

Berlin
LPT-Switch:
how can i use it in EECH??? Do i need it as a game-controller?

It will work in a texteditor or CoD2 now !!

No joy in EECH or F4 ;-(

So what is the trick? ;-)

COUGAR 02012 FCC 053
#321005 - 09/08/06 08:37 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
Mapi Offline
Mapi  Offline

Berlin
ok ok ok .. thx!

i found the a way!!!

COUGAR 02012 FCC 053
#321006 - 09/16/06 10:44 AM Re: Simpit ideas  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

We talked earlier in the thread about keyboard emulators and break out boards. Prices were around 100-150 US to get started. Heres a nice little board that is only 39.00. All you would need would be switches and some homebuilt panel. In reading the description, you can even build joysticks, pedals and do quite alot with it. Looks promising.

cheap solution

Note the post wired up in this one..

Heres a nice build... notice the homemade box on left using the above interface.

Closer look of this unit..

[img]http://forum.rscnet.org/attachment.php?s...49&d=1133273191[/img]

#321007 - 09/16/06 12:50 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
Kahzul_FKA_xapt3r5 Offline
Kahzul_FKA_xapt3r5  Offline

Entroncamento, Portugal
Yeah, nice one Kim! I figure that will be something very handy for a lot of people!!!

..Can't wait till I start building my own pit!...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _____________________ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

My first combat helo sim was good ol' MS-DOS Gunship 2000!...
#321008 - 09/17/06 02:20 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
GrizzlyT Offline
GrizzlyT  Offline

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Wow! Nice. \:\)

Is doesn't do toggle switches but the trade-off is the 4 available axes and the "ready to go" wiring. (Not to mention the sweet price!)

I've been considering an altenative to the Thrusmaster rig. This might make for a nice "brain", to a custom made collective???

For the price, I just might have to give this one a try.

Grizzly's Comanche Simulator
"Fear is the mind killer. - Frank Herbert"
#321009 - 09/18/06 02:07 AM Re: Simpit ideas  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I liked it cause you can wire right up. the terminals are right there in the board.
And 62 possible buttons? That is awesome. I think that is enough for awhile. USB to boot. Plug er in and go.... I see one in the very near future.

#321010 - 09/18/06 01:50 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
2Kewl Offline
2Kewl  Offline

Queensland Australia
Just to clarify the toggle/board issue. The issue with the interface boards that just appear as a game device is that you have to use momentary switches. If you use a normal toggle the button remains pressed down. This only works if the sim can assign different keystokes to ON/OFF rather than the one key toggling on/off the feature. Products like the Beta Innovations boards have software that takes care of this, enabling you to use toggles to send a single keypress.

On USB controllers I have to put in a good word for Leo Bodnar's USB controller. 8 analogue inputs, 32 buttons, 8 way POV hat. It is very tiny, cheap ($29.99 USD and there is a cheaper chip only product) but very well put together, is serialised so you can have multiples of them and he managed to get one to me in Australia from the UK in four days which I thought was amazing service. Leo Bodnar\'s board There is another USB board called the MJOY16 that has simular features to Bodnar's board but with more buttons and support for toggle and rotary switches that has extensive documentation and code available for DIY. I tried unsuccessfully with my crappy skills to build one so haven't used it myself. The MJOY16 manual is good read to learn about wiring of diodes and switches and how Windows sees controllers. There is also MJOY mapper software used to map controller buttons to keystrokes which can be used with other game controllers.

#321011 - 09/18/06 03:13 PM Re: Simpit ideas  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man... now we are getting some good ideas!! I like that board.
IMO, I would rather pay 10.00 more and get the terminal connections built right into the board. From what i've seen, you would have to add a terminal and some type of ribbon cable to make a clean place for you to hook up the wires to the switches. Correct me if I am wrong.
I am into fast, easy on the brain, less creative functions as I have to,,, type of builds. The part of the brain that you guys have for "wiring" up schemtatics and soldering, just didnt get activated at birth for me.
I'm a buy and hook up type simpit builder. I see that you could even buy the chip on that website. WTH would "I" do with that? Use it as a backscratcher?? With my skills, that would be a good idea. LOL

But this is really good info as we keep getting the price down so more folks can get into making boxes and switch panels. Thats the whole point is more involvment.

So I figure we are probably under 50.00 US for a real decent 32 button setup right now. And USB plug-in to boot. Time for a prototype. Some thin plywood for a temporary box, drill some holes, solder,

#321012 - 09/18/06 03:59 PM Re: Simpit ideas  

Entroncamento, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by Kimchoc1:
... I see that you could even buy the chip on that website. WTH would "I" do with that? Use it as a backscrather?? With my skills, that would be a good idea. LOL
\:D ...... \:D

..well, at least, now we have more variety of boards and prices! I think I might get one later..

#321013 - 09/29/06 12:17 AM Re: Simpit ideas  
{S}DickDastardly Offline
{S}DickDastardly  Offline

Birmingham, UK
Hi all,
A new version of UDPSpeed and my new 1280x1024 BF-109K cockpit gauges are available here . When used with Retro's eechCommServer utility they can be used to display working gauges for EECH on a 2nd screen.

I've also pasted a couple of mock-ups below of what sets of Havoc or Hokum UDPSpeed gauges might look like.

If Retro and Hruks can work their coding magic to get all the relevant data from EECH to UDPSpeed, then I should be able to make everything you see in the images above fully functional i.e. warning lights light up, toggle switches toggle to relect the status of whatever they control, standby gauges rotate and MFDs work just like the ones in the sim.
Cheers,
DD

#321014 - 09/29/06 11:31 AM Re: Simpit ideas  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh Man o Man..... thank you very much..

So you think you can get the status MFD,(on the right), to display info with your program?

#321015 - 09/29/06 05:57 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
{S}DickDastardly Offline
{S}DickDastardly  Offline

Birmingham, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Kimchoc1:
Oh Man o Man..... thank you very much..

So you think you can get the status MFD,(on the right), to display info with your program?
Yep should be no problem (if the data can be got into UDPSpeed). The principle is exactly the same as the row of lights at the bottom of my 109 set i.e. the background image would be the MFD screen with all the system names and "OK"s, then we can just rotate (instantly) other images of text (e.g. "DMGD") on top of the "OK" for each system as appropriate.

Theoretically it may even be possible to have the right MFD cycle between the status display and a simple radar by having the radar image underneath the status display image and having all the status display stuff move (instantly) out of the bounds of the background when the radar is being viewed.

Cheers,
DD

P.S. Just to stress, UDPSpeed isn't my proggy, it was written by Hruks and Alezz - I just make the gauges and the files which control them.

#321016 - 10/01/06 11:13 AM Re: Simpit ideas  
Retro Offline
Retro  Offline

Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by [SID]DickDastardly:
A new version of UDPSpeed and my new 1280x1024 BF-109K cockpit gauges are available here .
I can't seem to download the file (getting 0.1KB/sec), could you just email it to me? 2MB or so should not be a problem..

#321017 - 10/01/06 11:56 AM Re: Simpit ideas  

Entroncamento, Portugal
try downloading it from my site !...

#321018 - 10/01/06 01:15 PM Re: Simpit ideas  
Retro Offline
Retro  Offline

Austria
Got it, thanks.

Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.