If it ain’t ugly, it ain’t tough.
DCS: Black Shark 2 is a massive upgrade to the original DCS: Black Shark simulation that retains everything that was good about the original. ED shook a few tail feathers by not giving folks a heads-up this upgrade would be payware, but the amount of content in this upgrade is considerable — way more than just a few bug fixes. If you can afford to spend $20 USD (about the cost of a DVD) for the upgrade, or $40 USD (about the cost of two DVDs), head on over to Digital Combat Simulator’s web site and check it out.
- Graphics, all around
- New campaign
- Multiplayer with A-10C
- New Mission Editor features
- Same great flight and damage models
- Still feels like Black Shark
Could Be Better
- Surprise! The upgrade costs $19.99 USD!
- “Poor track replaybackability”
- Still no dedicated server application
- Motherboard: Asus P6x58D-E
- Processor: Intel i7-920
- RAM: 6GB 1600MHz
- Video: EVGA GTX 470
- Hard Drive: Western Digital 300GB Velociraptor
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS
- Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS
- CH Pro Rudder Pedals
- NaturalPoint TrackIR 4 PRO
We want your Feedback. Please let us know what you thought of this article here.