The improvements to multiplayer stability in DCS World 1.2.3 removes a major roadblock to the multiplayer community, and that feat alone deserves recognition. True, there are still a number of fixes and tweaks remaining, as well as some additional features that we can’t wait to get our hands on, but DCS World is a fun experience in its current form.
- The auto-updater worked great and should keep everyone on the same page.
- Multiplayer stability! Yay!
- New DCS: Combined Arms features add some needed depth.
- New campaigns add more offline playability.
Could be Better
- Remote dedicated server to allow us to take advantage of the now stable multiplayer.
- New terrain, please!
- DCS: Combined Arms sticks out as the arcade adopted kid.
- The updated missile performance data could probably stand a second look.
Reviewer’s System Specs
- Processor: i7-950
- Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-e
- RAM: 6 GB OCZ DDR 1600Hz
- Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 470
- Storage: 250 GB Velociraptor, 2 TB Western Digital
- Power Supply: 850 W Corsair
- Controllers: X52 Pro HOTAS, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Rudder
- Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7 Home
We want your Feedback. Please let us know what you thought of this article here.