The downside to these techniques is that they work in reverse. Indeed, many of them I adopted from my wife’s way of telling me about stuff she wants to buy. Usually her stuff is useful to the whole family, though. And I’m a lot easier on her in the “Comptroller role” than she is on me. Mostly because she has far more sense in such matters. Except, that is, when it comes to very expensive clothes hangers which come in boxes labeled “exercise equipment.”
But that’s a whole different article.
Reviewer’s System Specs
(as of the writing of this article)
- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Extreme X6800 2.93GHz 4MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
- Operating System: Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 – Free Upgrade to Windows Vista Premium!
- Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis – Space Black
- Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling + High-Performance Liquid Cooling – Terra Green
- Power Supply: Alienware® 750 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
- Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Motherboard
- Memory: 2GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz – 2 x 1024MB
- System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) – 500GB (2 x 250GB) Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 2 x 8MB Cache
- Storage Drive: Additional Storage Drive – 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 8MB Cache
- Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
- Graphics Processor: Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900 GTX – SLI Enabled
- X52 PRO HOTAS
- TrackIR 4 PRO w/headset clip
- Saitek Rudder Pedals
- Plantronics Gamer Headset
We want your Feedback. Please let us know what you thought of this article here.
More “sick” humor, great prop-sim training and homespun wisdom can be found here on “BA_Dart’s” page.