Get it. This is one of the few titles I didn’t mind paying full price for. Couple the realistic feeling of a hail of gunfire with competent enemy and friendly AI, this is a must have for the armchair commando. The feeling of tension and fear as you carefully wind your way through this one hearkens us back to the original releases of the Rainbow Six series, but in reality, it should be viewed completely separately from previous releases.
There are some gripes. There wasn’t a complete feeling of realism with the “self-sealing commando” method of health and the number of terrorists per map appeared to be very dense, but those are small things when you view the overall package.
It is my hope that the PC and 360 versions of Vegas differ just as the PC and 360 versions of GRAW did. They were both great tactical sims in their own right and the formula should definitely be repeated for success.
- Gorgeous views and graphical effects.
- Convincing sound effects.
- Competent AI — both friendly and enemy.
- Some diversity of locales — not just glitzy casinos getting blown to heck and gone.
- Great weapons, and you can feel the different characteristics of each.
- Needs a one-shot, one kill gameplay mode.
- Felt like a shooting gallery in some places. Way too many bad guys.
- Gamepad is sometimes slow off the draw.
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- 19″ LCD monitor
We want your Feedback. Please let us know what you thought of this article here.
Check out our Land Combat Library! A percentage of the sales helps to keep the SimHQ doors open.