Now don’t be afraid to adjust your plan. In this case, alpha team cannot cover bravo team properly due to obstructing buildings, so I order alpha team to move to another overwatch location.
Once the town has been swept and cleared, have your squad regroup, check for injuries, re-arm, and prepare for either defending the location you have just taken, or follow new orders. Hopefully, the new orders will be an extraction order back to the rear for some much needed R&R.
The next and final tactical briefing will be “Planning and Defending a High Value Point”.
If you missed any of the other articles in the series, you’ll find them here:
- Tactical Briefing 01: Meet the Squad
- Tactical Briefing 02: Formations
- Tactical Briefing 03: Squad and Fire Team Movements
- Tactical Briefing 04: Movement to Contact
- Wikipedia (what a wonderful tool)
- Armed Assault (the computer game)
- FM 7-8 Infantry Rifle Platoon
- FM 22-102 Soldier Team Development
We want your Feedback. Please let us know what you thought of this article here.
Check out our Land Combat Library! A percentage of the sales helps to keep the SimHQ doors open.