Red Orchestra 2 Page 5

Back To Page 4

 

Panzer Corps

Conclusion

Tripwire has the potential for a great game here. If they support it like they did with the first one we should have one hell-of a gritty, realistic, tactical first person shooter before long. As of right now, we have got an incomplete game, a beta in my opinion. Too many bugs and issues that should have been addressed before release. It’s OK to delay a game for a month or two to release a working, stable product folks. But that said, Tripwire has already released a number of patches and it has only been out for less than 2 weeks. So I have faith. When they are done, this could be the greatest, most “realistic” WW2 FPS ever made and highly recommended. (But if you haven’t bought it yet, I’d say wait a month or two for maybe a Christmas Steam sale or something.)

Single player is just a bunch of locked missions with nice cut scenes. The only reason to play the SP campaigns is to learn the game, and unlock those great tutorials, which should be unlocked already.

The multiplayer is the bread and butter of this game. A diamond in the rough. More patches and fixes, will make the MP a winner.

Good

  • Great weapon feel
  • Nice sized maps that feel very gritty and WW2’ish
  • Good squad leader and Commander roles and commands
  • Nice support like artillery and armor
  • Nice tutorials

Could be Better

  • Graphics are good but with overuse of effects
  • Sound issues, sometimes sound just quitting all together
  • Interface confusion
  • Close combat hit detection
  • VOIP is weak but do-able
  • Terrible respawn
  • No manual (not even online)
  • Need to unlock ALL the training missions

A Fatty Quote

“It’s 75% there as a really brilliant, realistic first-person shooter. The weapons feel ‘right,’ the cover system works well; the team-based game play is fast and furious, etc. But the other 25% of the experience is rife with bugs and glitches; falling down ladders to my death, interface confusion, having teammates spawn in my line of fire, abysmal sound effects and sound positioning.”

Reviewer’s System Specs:

  • Dell XPS 720
  • Intel Core2 processor Q6600
  • 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce 280 GTX
  • SATA HDD
  • 16X DVD+R/RW CD-RW Combination Drive
  • X-Fi PCI Sound Card
  • Microsoft Windows 7

From Tripwire: Coming After Release

Stalingrad Campaign

The Stalingrad campaign will feature the multiplayer maps used in a campaign layout recreating the battle for Stalingrad from both the German and Russian sides. This will be enhanced with story elements through the form of mission introductions and in-game cinematic sequences that begin and end the campaign.

Co-op

Players can connect with their friends and battle AI in multiple game types including the Stalingrad Campaign, Skirmish Mode, and more.

Offline Challenges

Offline challenges such as the shooting range and assault courses let the player learn and hone their skills to perfection with all of the weapons and features in the game. Training with different challenges to achieve awards, win competitions and improve their skills the player can pit their best times/scores against the rest of the online gaming community.

New vehicles

We will roll out new vehicles for the game, including new tanks as well as armored transports.

 


We want your Feedback. Please let us know what you thought of this article here.


 


Learjet Solenoid and Valve 6600360-4 and 420165-4 (For parts or repair) picture

Learjet Solenoid and Valve 6600360-4 and 420165-4 (For parts or repair)

$315.00



Aircraft Valve, Flow Divider & Drain, 394390-1-1 Airesearch picture

Aircraft Valve, Flow Divider & Drain, 394390-1-1 Airesearch

$250.00



79C3T2  Valve New Surplus Gulfstream Aerospace picture

79C3T2 Valve New Surplus Gulfstream Aerospace

$215.00



Hamilton Standard Actuator Valve NA5-6164 picture

Hamilton Standard Actuator Valve NA5-6164

$315.00



Cessna 414 Outflow Valve picture

Cessna 414 Outflow Valve

$500.00



4 Franklin Exhaust Valves, PN 10007 picture

4 Franklin Exhaust Valves, PN 10007

$76.00



CGA-540 Sherwood Oxygen Cylinder Valve Assembly picture

CGA-540 Sherwood Oxygen Cylinder Valve Assembly

$39.20



1 EA NOS ROCKWELL HALF QUICK DISCONNECT COUPLING T-37 AIRCRAFT P/N: 1309AS12A picture

1 EA NOS ROCKWELL HALF QUICK DISCONNECT COUPLING T-37 AIRCRAFT P/N: 1309AS12A

$12.00



Aircraft Valve, Flow Divider & Drain, 394300-1-1 Airesearch picture

Aircraft Valve, Flow Divider & Drain, 394300-1-1 Airesearch

$250.00



Barber-Colman Actuator Valve BYLB50243 picture

Barber-Colman Actuator Valve BYLB50243

$315.00



Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes