Train Simulator 2012 brings welcome graphics updates to the series, plus a bit of new content for current owners. New buyers of Train Simulator 2012 will be getting the “Horseshoe Curve” expansion that really shows off a high level of detail, and high quality content.
Train Simulator 2012 succeeds in not only providing a very immersive visual experience, but does so with scalable graphics options such that even lower spec’ed PCs such as my own can still enjoy a taste of the improvements at a lower visual quality.
- Beautiful and immersive visual updates.
- Usefully scalable graphics options.
- Selectable “TSX” option for players wanting greater performance on older hardware.
- Some new content included for present owners.
- Includes “The Horseshoe Curve” for new buyers.
Could Be Better
- Occasional crashes while loading, or while using the Steam screenshot system.
- Lower quality shadows have a few unappealing qualities.
- Minor annoyances with my Steam client.
Reviewer’s System Specs
- AMD A64 5000×2
- 2GB RAM
- ATi HD3650 512MB
- Windows 7 32-bit