Although the Mi-8 is a transport helicopter at its core, the significant payload capability, the excess power, and ease of controls make it an effective gunship. In the pre-release of DCS: Mi-8MTV2we get to sling unguided rockets (various variants of the S-8), gun pods (including a grenade launcher!), and a slew of free-fall bombs – more than enough to get any party started.
Three missions designed for the Mi-8 are included with the pre-release – Documents, Acclimation, and Bulls Eye!
No campaigns were included with this pre-release beta.
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight is on track to be yet another high-fidelity helicopter simulation with great potential.
Previewer’s System Specs
- Processor: i7-950
- Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-e
- RAM: 6 GB OCZ DDR 1600Hz
- Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 470
- Storage: 250 GB Velociraptor, 2 TB Western Digital
- Power Supply: 850 W Corsair
- Controllers: X52 Pro HOTAS, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Rudder
- Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7 Home