The DayZ team released update 0.54.126645 today which brings with it a handful of new items and mechanics to sink your teeth into. Apart from the usual crashing issues here and there that come with a new update, there are also reports of players losing all their weapon attachments upon logging in, so keep that in mind if you plan to play today.
There has also been a good amount of confusion regarding the new renderer and Enfusion Engine, which will hopefully be in the game by the end of March. Anyone who has played DayZ knows that going into a city can murder your fps (frames per second) and cause some serious slow down. This is because DayZ’s current renderer is quite old, in fact it is still clinging to DX7 and DX9 tech; on top of this, DayZ’s code is poorly optimized for GPU efficiency which only compounds the issue further.
Fortunately, the guys over at DayZ have heard the complaints and are now working on incorporating the Enfusion Engine into the game. So, what does this mean in practical terms for DayZ? For starters, your GPU will be utilized much more efficiently which will take some of the strain off your poor CPU, thus improving stability. Coupled with the new multi-core and multi-threading support, the stress of running the game will be much more evenly distributed to your hardware. Lighting will be handle more fluidly with better particle effects, diffusion, and general visibility being a few of the aspects which will see improvement. While DirectX implementation won’t be finalized until the end of 2015, you can guarantee it will be either DirectX 11 or 12, thankfully. In general, the inclusion of the Enfusion Engine promises to, over time, make DayZ a much prettier and more stable game in the long run. For a deeper explanation of the new renderer and Enfusion Engine, check out PwnDailY’s excellent post over on Reddit.
Full patch 0.54 notes below:
– Improvised suppressor.
– Water Pouch.
– Bone Hook.
– Bone Arrow.
– Pile of bones.
– Carrier plate with attachable holster and pouches.
– Blood bag now gives and takes twice as much blood.
– FN Trombone.
– New animals.
– V3S Cargo version.
– You can craft improvised suppressor using water bottle and duct tape.
– You can craft bone hook out of pile of bones.
– You can craft bone arrow out of pile of bones and improvised arrow.
– Weight added to all items and clothes.
– Caliber of ammo affect suppressor degradation.
– Horticulture – Potato plant and its growing process.
– You can dismantle the FN Trombone.
– Continuous consumption and item use prototype.
– Items now shows only rough estimates about its weight and volume of containment.
– Cooking mechanics changes.
– Fireplace mechanics changes.
– Fluid mechanic tweaks.
– Blood mechanic tweaks.
– Weapon degradation.
– Suppressor degradation.
New animations + audio:
– Placeholder SFX for improvised suppressor (standard suppressor SFX).
– Devil’s castle.
– Pik Kozlova.
– Black & Willow Lakes.
– Bor village.
– Quarry near Solnichny.
– All old rocks models have been removed and replaced with new ones.
– New spawn tags added to all buildings.
– Degradation values set for pistols, rifles and silencers.
– Blood regeneration nerfed.
– Pouches for vest is now displayed properly in hands.
– Suppressor position on Longhorn while reloading.
– Message when loading ruined ammo.
– Spliting stone using pickaxe will give you smaller stone with correct damage state.
– You can no longer use mace for cutting raincoats into armbands.
– Mace can no longer be used for skinning.
– Force feeding guts text.
– Thermal mechanic fixes.
– Server stability fixes.
– Performance fixes (server).
– Bullet penetration fix.
– Animals spin in one place.
– Animals die randomly.
– Animal navigation.
– Animal animations are playing at a wrong resolution.
– You can drive v3s while knocked out.
– Only 1 person can get on back cargo of v3s.
– Random desync.
– Random client crashes.
– Random server crashes.