Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2327073 - 08/29/07 08:09 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: brokentoy]  
Cali Offline
Military Advisor - USAF
Cali  Offline
Military Advisor - USAF

Davis-Monthan AFB, Az
Originally Posted By: brokentoy
That's funny, I think the forums have improved since then....

I guess it depends on the person.

i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2327079 - 08/29/07 08:15 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: Cali]  
brokentoy Offline
brokentoy  Offline

Oztralia
Yerp, that's certainly been proven!

#2327136 - 08/29/07 09:20 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: brokentoy]  
CenterMass Offline
CenterMass  Offline

Texas
Banning for opinion is wrong, banning for fact is wrong.

Why?

If it is opinion then ignore it, unless it violates forum rules... "This game sucks" Obvious opinion and no one cares.

If it is fact .... "the G modeling is not accurate" Fix the problem that has been proven to be a problem....

Take an F-15 500+ knts enter full left or right rudder while watching the G meeter. Someone tell me why I'm blacking out at ~ 1 to 2G with no radial movement?

We hear that these problems are known issues but when are they going to be fixed?

Last edited by CenterMass; 08/29/07 09:27 PM.

-CenterMass
Strike Fast Kick Ass
#2327270 - 08/30/07 12:21 AM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: CenterMass]  
EvilBivol-1 Offline
EvilBivol-1  Offline

LA
Quote:

Why could then ED not fix it ?

Answer: they don't care.

This is sad to read, Thomas. If they didn't care, they would've long a go abandoned this genre altogether. They are still here, precisely because they do care. In fact, many of them are former community members themselves, some that have foregone more lucrative opportunities to pursue their passion and make a difference in this genre.

You may not agree with their course of product development and are entitled to that opinion, but there's no need to insult their integrity.

Last edited by EvilBivol-1; 08/30/07 12:31 AM.

EB
Belsimtek/TFC Associate
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
#2327297 - 08/30/07 01:05 AM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: EvilBivol-1]  
bord Offline
bord  Offline

Originally Posted By: EvilBivol-1

You may not agree with their course of product development and are entitled to that opinion, but there's no need to insult their integrity.

Have you heard of the term "actions speak louder than words do"? You're a beta tester and moderator and you've also been part of the bannings. You're part and parcel to it all.

Last edited by bord; 08/30/07 01:06 AM.

Always question authority, it's the only way to effect change for the better.
#2327330 - 08/30/07 02:00 AM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: bord]  
D-scythe Offline
D-scythe  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted By: bord

Have you heard of the term "actions speak louder than words do"? You're a beta tester and moderator and you've also been part of the bannings. You're part and parcel to it all.

Come on, at least give ED and their testers the benefit of the doubt. There were certain circumstances that led to where things are at now. Best case scenario, you guys get surprised and ED releases one special patch to address everyone's concerns. Worst case scenario...well, even though it's no consolation, but their intentions were for the best. But is it such an outrageous proposition to just believe that there may be other, internal factors that led to the current state of affairs?

Nobody does actions they believe are bad - obviously, all choices are made based on what is viewed would turn out best.

Last edited by D-scythe; 08/30/07 02:27 AM.
#2327381 - 08/30/07 03:42 AM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: EvilBivol-1]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
Quote:

This is sad to read, Thomas. If they didn't care, they would've long a go abandoned this genre altogether. They are still here, precisely because they do care. In fact, many of them are former community members themselves, some that have foregone more lucrative opportunities to pursue their passion and make a difference in this genre.

The release of patches is first and foremost a commercial decision - so what I am criticizing is not their integrity, but their commercial bias towards the 'next project' vs. 'the old one' which in my opinion results in the lack of patches to address issues raised by the community.

Eagle Dynamics is still releasing flight sims because it is a profitable proposition to them. Hopefully they will continue, if not, others will.

Unfortunately Eagle Dynamics has a low threshold towards criticism - which makes agreeing to disagree hard.

Just because I run a website does not mean I abdicated of my right to disagree.

Originally Posted By: D-scythe

Come on, at least give ED and their testers the benefit of the doubt. There were certain circumstances that led to where things are at now. Best case scenario, you guys get surprised and ED releases one special patch to address everyone's concerns. Worst case scenario...well, even though it's no consolation, but their intentions were for the best. But is it such an outrageous proposition to just believe that there may be other, internal factors that led to the current state of affairs?

Nobody does actions they believe are bad - obviously, all choices are made based on what is viewed would turn out best.

You got this one wrong - the F-15 fans 'moaning and gowning' has been going on since 1.12 was released, this is not just a 'concern' but a nagging issue that has poisoned many a forum.

#2327384 - 08/30/07 03:59 AM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
bord Offline
bord  Offline

Originally Posted By: Thomas DW
their commercial bias [/b] towards the 'next project' vs. 'the old one' which in my opinion results in the lack of patches to address issues raised by the community.

They took note of the UBI playbook. They have our money so we're out of luck. Buy the next product please.

#2327427 - 08/30/07 06:27 AM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: bord]  
brokentoy Offline
brokentoy  Offline

Oztralia
Originally Posted By: bord
their commercial bias [/b] towards the 'next project' vs. 'the old one' which in my opinion results in the lack of patches to address issues raised by the community.

They took note of the UBI playbook. They have our money so we're out of luck. Buy the next product please.

Yeah and this is exactly the kind of attitude I was talking about.

So what if this is the case? ED is still a company that has cost considerations.

I fork out £££'s (and bloody lots of it) every month for bills and get treated like a chump by the utility companies when something goes wrong.

I paid £10 for Lock On Gold. It works, I can play it. ED don't owe me jack.

I still have faith that we'll see a patch after Black Shark. It would be a bummer if there isn't, but it wouldn't tbe the first game not to be patched...

#2327432 - 08/30/07 06:41 AM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: brokentoy]  
bord Offline
bord  Offline

You're welcome to your opinion. Even if you're wrong. ;\)

#2327439 - 08/30/07 07:05 AM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: bord]  
brokentoy Offline
brokentoy  Offline

Oztralia
I never claimed to be right.

But I guess there's the difference

#2327569 - 08/30/07 12:30 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: brokentoy]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
Here's the real question--if ED was so dedicated, then why when they got the military contract in addition to working on the commercial stuff didn't they hire more people??
That's only logical. If you have more work than your staffing allows to be done timely, increase staffing. If they can't afford increased staffing, they priced their work wrong.

By choosing to instead prioritize work and leave their commercial customers in the cold, they are risking alienating them. Once the gov't work is done, they may find they'll have to lay people off because of reduced sales of their commercial work. It would've been better to temporarily increase staffing while both projects are concurrent and then reduced back to original size later.

Again, this is all criticism of ED's business practices, choices, and philosophy. I think they did the wrong thing, and WE are paying for it, both in massive delays to BS and a lack of tweaks to obvious shortcomings in 1.12.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#2327580 - 08/30/07 12:42 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: Jedi Master]  
brokentoy Offline
brokentoy  Offline

Oztralia
Again: it's a company. This is the kind of thing all companies do. And I've seen companies do delay work on plenty of things THAT ACTUALLY MATTER all in the name of saving/making money.

And I'm not about to question the management of a large company without actually having experience of managing a large company myself.

Work on the military projects has delayed Black Shark, I agree, but at the same time the game has been delayed so more elements can be implemented.

#2327760 - 08/30/07 04:35 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: Jedi Master]  
bord Offline
bord  Offline

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Here's the real question--if ED was so dedicated, then why when they got the military contract in addition to working on the commercial stuff didn't they hire more people??
That's only logical.

Logical isn't normal when we're talking about software developers. Eagle aren't hungry any more. They think that those of us who bought a one plane expansion to support their further endeavors will blindly do so again. I recall when Flaming Cliffs was released someone asked the question why western customers were being ignored regarding aircraft choices. Then Black Shark was announced and the questions arose again. The answer was that the series was more popular in Russia so that's who they were catering to. I find that answer hard to believe. When you consider that the release price of Flaming Cliffs was $35 whereas the conversion from rubles was $7. With my trusty calculator I see that the two copies I purchased equalled 10 russians. It isn't hard to figure out. Those of you familiar with the IL2 series know whats really going on. It's the Oleg syndrome.

#2327778 - 08/30/07 04:59 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: bord]  
yue120 Offline
yue120  Offline

I think it's called "Tourist pricing". It's the same Banana but since we're foreigners to them, they sell their products to us at twice the price \:D

Last edited by yue120; 08/30/07 05:00 PM.

Forever Noob
#2327786 - 08/30/07 05:16 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: WGCDR-ICE]  
RedTiger Offline
RedTiger  Offline

So, to save me the trouble of installing a separate copy of Lockon and leaving it at 1.02 can anyone tell me what was better about the F-15C before FC?

"By the way, even though I know its based on accurate data, it still pisses me off too when I'm about to gun someone and my screen starts to go black. I guess its only natural." - Pete Bonanni
#2327787 - 08/30/07 05:17 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: Tom_Weiss]  
D-scythe Offline
D-scythe  Offline

Canada

Originally Posted By: D-scythe

You got this one wrong - the F-15 fans 'moaning and gowning' has been going on since 1.12 was released, this is not just a 'concern' but a nagging issue that has poisoned many a forum.

Thomas, don't do this. I AM one of those F-15 fans 'moaning and groaning' about VALID issues, and have been an F-15 fan from the very beginning. Stop talking like I'm one of them - I've done more than my share of b!tching and complaining over the years. Look, I can't say that I'm particularly pleased with the way things turned out, but there's still hope that ED will release a patch somewhere along the line for all us A/A boys.

And even if this patch never materializes, I'm willing to give ED the benefit of the doubt, that the decisions that they made were made in good faith, and not question their integrity.

Hindsight is 20/20.

#2327879 - 08/30/07 07:14 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: EvilBivol-1]  
Cali Offline
Military Advisor - USAF
Cali  Offline
Military Advisor - USAF

Davis-Monthan AFB, Az
Quote:

Glad to see you over here evilbivol, and thx for banning me for agreeing with someone. Next time find a better reason to ban someone. But back on topic, ED hasn't given us a patch for FC for a while. Even after hearing all the complaints from so many people. People are getting pissed off at ED cause they aren't listen or just don't care.....you take your pick. And don't get me started on the lockon.ru forums....

i5-2500k @ 3.3, Asus P8Z77-V LE mobo Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB 1866mhz
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, Warthog, uber modded Cougar, TM Cougar MFD's, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard

#2327888 - 08/30/07 07:30 PM Re: F15 - All Your Questions Answered [Re: Cali]  
Joe Offline
Veteran
Joe  Offline
Veteran

Bridgewater, NJ
I appreciate the importance of this discussion, but once again I must mention that it against SimHQ policy to bash other forums or other forums' moderators. I have noted this numerous times in the past few weeks. You may recall what happened the last time this forum got stuck on one topic (copy protection), what it did to the forum as a whole (pretty much made it worthless in the SimHQ community), and what the staff was forced to do as a result (put the forum into a police state for two weeks). Let's not go there again, please.

I'm sure the discussion of why ED does things, and how those things relate to our simming experience, can be separated from a discussion of forum moderation on other sites.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Movie Box Office visits?
by PanzerMeyer. 05/21/24 05:42 PM
The Old Pilot
by KRT_Bong. 05/21/24 12:30 PM
Il Plastico
by wormfood. 05/20/24 11:22 PM
WWII Photos Realistically Colorized
by F4UDash4. 05/20/24 09:04 PM
How many words/sentence should a speech be?
by NoFlyBoy. 05/20/24 10:54 AM
Harrier Pilot "Sharkey" Ward was 80
by F4UDash4. 05/19/24 11:01 PM
Autographs
by F4UDash4. 05/18/24 06:34 PM
Boxing fans
by RossUK. 05/18/24 03:11 PM
Bud Anderson was 102
by F4UDash4. 05/18/24 01:14 PM
The guy in War Games passes at 92
by NoFlyBoy. 05/18/24 02:28 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.