Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2444515 - 02/09/08 06:36 PM EECH Not Detecting EEAH Install  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
Been a while since i have done the install from scratch.

Installed EEAH
Ran it Once
Installed 1.1 patch
Ran it once

Installed EECH
Ran it Once to Check
Nothing...no EEAH detected

Have installed and reinstalled EECH but still not picking it up
Didn't want to continue mods/1.1/3dpit install till i know eeah is being detected

Any ideas?

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
#2444521 - 02/09/08 06:42 PM Re: EECH Not Detecting EEAH Install [Re: Spidey]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
NM. Dumb Dumb Dumb

Somehow got the install for EECH in wrong folder.

Got it running now. Now i juts need to wait for all mods download to finish

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
#2458371 - 02/28/08 02:28 PM Re: EECH Not Detecting EEAH Install [Re: Spidey]  
Billy Crook Foot Offline
Billy Crook Foot  Offline

I am having the same problem as well.

Which directory do you specify as the target directory for the EECH install?

After I have EEAH installed, started once to unpack maps (or whatever), installed the 1.1E patch and then started again, I am left with the following directories on my C: drive:

c:/razorworks/ahhokum (or something - not at my home computer)
and
c:/razorworks/common.

When I then try the EECH install it doesn't even mention the EEAH install and just moves through to the "select target directory" part.... I have used the c:/Razorworks root directory, c:/razorworks/ah<blahblah> and the c:/razorworks/common directories as targets but each time the EEAH install is not recognised as being present.

Perhaps I am missing something - is the EECH install supposed to indicate that it will be performing a "MERGED" install or does it just do it automatically and my installs are in fact merged - yes I am new to enemy engaged so I wouldn't know "merged" content from standalone EEAH or standalone EECH content.

Any help would be much appreciated.

BTW, I can get the standalone EECH installed + allMods + 1.10 + Apache cockpit without problems, but since I bought both EEAH and EECH for a grand total of £9, I'd still like to get EEAH on there as well ( greedy ).

#2458380 - 02/28/08 02:40 PM Re: EECH Not Detecting EEAH Install [Re: Billy Crook Foot]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
How did you check that it didn't detect EEAH?

You shouldn't have to do anything while installing EECH for it to detect EEAH. When it installed EEAH it made a registry key pointing to the install directory (you can check with regedit if it's there and pointing to the correct directory). And if it's there EECH should pick it up.

And even if that doesn't work it will check if there is a aphavoc directory in the same directory that cohokum exists, and if it has a aphavoc.exe file inside it, and if it does concluded that must be EEAH.

#2458394 - 02/28/08 02:57 PM Re: EECH Not Detecting EEAH Install [Re: arneh]  
Billy Crook Foot Offline

Cheers Arneh - that is pretty much what I was alluding to in my post when I am asking if the EECH install actaully has some sort of splash screen with a clickable option for "continue with install" or something or other when you install over the top.

From your post I am thinking that there is no such visible indication that a merge is taking place at all (no splash screen, no further options to select during EECH install) so in fact, I AM already performing a merged install, but I didn't recognise it as such!

To answer your question, I am doing nothing to confirm if the merge has occurred or not as I don't know what to look for - I have no experience of EEAH or EECH.

Basically, I was expecting some sort of "merge" screen like the one that used to appear when merging "IL2-Forgotten battles" with "Pacific Fighters" (if you are familiar with that series of sims).

P.S.
I haven't played a helo sim since Gunship but have been waiting around for one for a few years (no gaming at all between 91 and 2001) - I heard about EE2 and read a few discouraging reports about it. I though EEAH/EECH might be too old but was swayed into giving it a try when I stumbled across some news about your new Apache cockpit and other's extensive modding efforts. I have only fooled around with it in the last week - once I get this install sorted out it will be setting up joystick and TIR so that I can enjoy your work! Thanks again.

#2458416 - 02/28/08 03:26 PM Re: EECH Not Detecting EEAH Install [Re: Billy Crook Foot]  
arneh Offline
arneh  Offline

Oslo, Norway
EECH doesn't have to do anything special at install time to work with EEAH. In fact it should work even if you install EEAH afterwards.

It checks each time it starts the game if EEAH is installed, and it will say so on the splash screen if it finds EEAH.

#2458428 - 02/28/08 03:42 PM Re: EECH Not Detecting EEAH Install [Re: arneh]  
Billy Crook Foot Offline

Excellent - and thankyou!

I haven't noticed anything on the splash screen, but at this stage I've only started the game up about 6 times. I will install everything again tonight and pay closer attention.

As you say, it looks like it is already merged.

THANKS again Arneh.

#2458537 - 02/28/08 06:28 PM Re: EECH Not Detecting EEAH Install [Re: Billy Crook Foot]  
Lepus Offline
Lepus  Offline

Ah, that must be my problem. When I install EECH/EEAH nothing is added to the registry (at least none that I can find). I use XP Pro x64, so that might be the reason.

If I manually add registry entries, could that make AH detected? I'd need some help with this since I'm fairly clueless with registry editing...

#2459341 - 02/29/08 07:33 PM Re: EECH Not Detecting EEAH Install [Re: Lepus]  
Lepus Offline
Lepus  Offline

Ok, I searched the forum and found this post by KLiM:
 Quote:

make .txt file, add text below and save him as EECH.reg

then run it and add information to registry.

[text start]

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Razorworks]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Razorworks\Apache Havoc]
"Installation Path"="D:\\GAMES\\RAZORWORKS" (edit for your EECH path)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Razorworks\Comanche Hokum]
"LANGUAGE"="ENGLISH"
"INSTALLATION PATH"="D:\\Games\\Razorworks" (edit for your EECH path)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Razorworks\Enemy Engaged RAH66 Comanche Vs KA52 Hokum]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Razorworks\Enemy Engaged RAH66 Comanche Vs KA52 Hokum\1.4.1.C]

[text end]

Didn't seem to work though, I changed paths, version number, etc. I guess there's not much else to try.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
WW2 allied railroad effort after D-Day
by oldgrognard. 05/16/24 12:06 AM
New Viper Demo team livery
by RossUK. 05/15/24 03:48 PM
Beate Uhse-Rotermund.
by RedToo. 05/14/24 03:47 PM
Actor Bernard Hill was 79
by NoFlyBoy. 05/06/24 10:54 AM
Maple Griefs Forever
by KraziKanuK. 05/05/24 11:07 PM
Dick Rutan was 85
by F4UDash4. 05/04/24 11:02 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.