Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2784218 - 01/08/07 12:11 PM Where can I buy it?  
Cobra55305 Offline
Cobra55305  Offline

Minneapolis
Is it available in any stores?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2784219 - 01/08/07 01:32 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
BUFF Offline
Hotshot
BUFF  Offline
Hotshot

Glasgow, Scotland
afaik only currently as an import from Gogamer or of course as a download from Third Wire.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

www.CombatACE.com SF P1/WOV/WOE/First Eagles flunky

abit forums
#2784220 - 01/08/07 03:09 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
nebula24 Offline
nebula24  Offline

Norman, OK
Gogamer has it for $40. Download from Third Wire is $30. Its a quick download since its only about 140MB install file (Its about 500MB installed).

#2784221 - 01/08/07 07:32 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
Flying Hedman Offline
Flying Hedman  Offline

Mölnbo, Sweden
Why not add links?

#2784222 - 01/08/07 07:48 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
Smosh Offline
Smosh  Offline

Gisborne, New Zealand

Rabbits, break right and climb.
#2784223 - 01/09/07 01:48 AM Re: Where can I buy it?  
Cobra55305 Offline
Cobra55305  Offline

Minneapolis
Thanks !

#2784224 - 01/10/07 12:17 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
Leeman Offline
Leeman  Offline

New England
I downloaded the game but, to be honest, I don't really care for it. Is it possible for me to put the download file on a CD and sell it?

Leeman/LeemzHQ
#2784225 - 01/10/07 01:19 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
pauld Offline
pauld  Offline

Leeman

That is a very good point for the future - FE has no key code and no copy protection on the download.

Can you sell downloaded software? Legally? I have not looked at the licence to be honest. Is there one? I can't see one in my game directory.

Was there one on the installer? I can't remember (and who reads them anyway)

I think Thirdwire needs to be a bit cleverer here, a one band band deserves all the dollars he has most certainly earned.

Direct downloads are the obvious route for future game purchases, there must be a ruling already?

#2784226 - 01/10/07 02:54 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
Leeman Offline
Leeman  Offline

New England
pauld,

Yeah, I just started thinking about the possibility of selling it recently.

I'm not at all enamored with the game. I'd be more than happy to burn the installation file to a CD and sell it (probably for $10 or so) and delete the installation from my hard drive. I've been running low on disk space anyway.

I bought it more out of boredom during my Christmas vacation than for any real "want" of the game. Now, I regret the decision. I haven't touched it in two weeks. Didn't spend more than an hour or so with it, but I'm certain I don't want it.

Leeman/LeemzHQ
#2784227 - 01/10/07 03:09 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
dhasdell Offline
dhasdell  Offline

Segur de Calafell, Spain
I should very much doubt whether burning a copy and selling it would be legal. After all, there's a greyish area when it comes to making a copy of something which you've paid for just as a backup for your own use.

Rats! Why doesn´t anything ever work right first time?
#2784228 - 01/10/07 04:08 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
eonel Offline
eonel  Offline

Zurich, Switzerland
I saw it in Game stores in the UK this week, so CD sale & distribution is happening in Europe.

Afraid I don't know about the US.

#2784229 - 01/10/07 07:12 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
Smosh Offline
Smosh  Offline

Gisborne, New Zealand
Leeman

You're in exactly the same position as I was a few weeks back where my first impressions of the game were not great so I just left it on my HD and reinstalled RB3D. I've since come back to it and now with the patch and playing having played online a few times I've found the game to be much more to my liking. I reckon you should try again. I really don't think 1 hour of playing is giving it a fair go.

Rabbits, break right and climb.
#2784230 - 01/10/07 09:07 PM Re: Where can I buy it?  
Leeman Offline
Leeman  Offline

New England
Smoshy,

I agree. One hour isn't fair. But, first impressions are often lasting ones. I initially wasn't impressed with Strike Fighters. I uninstalled it after a short while but after discovering this site and all the great mods and add-ons I re-installed it and it's been on my hard drive for a long time now (along with WOV and WOE).

But, this game, for some reason, just isn't doing it for me. For me it's "boring" for lack of a better term.

I have OFF installed for CFS3 and that is a better game in my opinion. Also, I think the new WWI sim from the makers of IL2 will be superior to this one.

In addition, I've got so many games on my plate right now (with both the PC and the XBox 360) that I don't really have the time to dedicate to it. When I feel like flying I boot up Strike Fighters, WOV/YAP, IL-2/PF/FB/AEP or OFF.

Maybe I'll give it another shot before making a final decision, but to be honest, I'd rather have an extra few bucks to spend on some YAP missions than to play FE.

Leeman/LeemzHQ
#2784231 - 01/18/07 12:49 AM Re: Where can I buy it? [Re: Leeman]  
FLGibsonJr Offline
FLGibsonJr  Offline

Clinton Township, MI USA
http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/

I ordered mine from NWS Online Combat Gaming Store (see above), I have ordered from them before and I can recommend them.

Regards,

Gibson

FLGibsonJr

Intel Core i7 920 CPU
ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 Motherboard
EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked GPU
BFG ES-800 Watt PS
Corsair 6GB XMS 1600 DDR3 Memory
250 GB Samsung 850 EVO Series SSD
2 TB Western Digital HD
Cooler Master HAF 932 Case
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS
Viewsonic 24" 1080P Monitor
#2784232 - 01/19/07 04:51 PM Re: Where can I buy it? [Re: Leeman]  
purolator Offline
purolator  Offline

The Ruhr, Germany
I suppose to get a definite answer the best option is to contact Thirdwire and ask them about it.

Having purchased and downloaded the game myself I don't recall any EULA, but I may be dead wrong.

#2784233 - 02/03/07 07:28 PM Re: Where can I buy it? [Re: dhasdell]  
Slackdaddy Offline
Slackdaddy  Offline

MD
Bump -
Leeman - drop Me a PM
I have no access to anything over a 12K dialup, and would love to purchase this sim.

Slack

#2784234 - 02/10/07 12:27 PM Re: Where can I buy it? [Re: dhasdell]  
CatsEyes Offline
CatsEyes  Offline

Sydney NSW Australia
It's certainly illegal, folks. It doesn't matter whether you bought it on CD or as a download. Copying it to sell the copy on CD is illegal. The item doesn't even need a EULA for that to be true. You'd need explicit permission to do so.

Sigh. This is why games get all that awful copy-protection software (StarForce etc) in the first place, isn't it?

Don't know how many multiples of $30 I've wasted over my lifetime on various things. I'd just take it on the chin, if I were you, I think...

Last edited by CatsEyes; 02/10/07 12:29 PM.

"Wait until you see the whites of his eyes."
Sailor Malan, 'Ten of My Rules for Air Fighting', no. 1
#2784235 - 02/11/07 12:46 PM Re: Where can I buy it? [Re: CatsEyes]  
CatsEyes Offline
CatsEyes  Offline

Sydney NSW Australia
"END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

Please read this End-User License Agreement ("EULA") carefully. This document is a legal agreement between you and Third Wire Productions, Inc. (the "Company"). The Company is willing to license the software contained in this package (the "Software") to you only on the condition that you accept all the terms contained in this agreement. By using the Software, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this license.

1. Software License. This is a license agreement and NOT an agreement for sale. The Software is the property of the Company and/or its Licensors. You own the CD-ROM on which the Software is recorded, but the Company and/or its Licensors retain title to the Software and related documentation. Your rights to use the Software are specified in this Agreement, and the Company and/or its Licensors retain all rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement.

2. Permitted Uses. This EULA grants you the following rights:
(a) Right to install and use. You may install and use the Software, at any given time, on a single computer per license purchased.
(b) Right to modify, customize, and create additional contents to enhance the Software, for personal use only.
(c) Right to create backup or archival copies of the Software. You may create unlimited number of backup copies of the Software, provided that all such copies shall bear the original and unmodified copyright, patent and other intellectual property markings that appear on or in the Software. You may not make these backup copies of the Software accessible to others.

3. Prohibited Uses. The following uses of the Software are prohibited. If you wish to use the Software in a manner prohibited below, please contact the Company at the address, phone, or fax numbers listed above for information regarding a "Special Use License." Otherwise, you may NOT:
(a) Make or distribute copies of the Software or documentation, or any portion thereof, except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
(b) Use any backup or archival copy of the Software (or allow someone else to use such copy) for any purpose other than to replace the original copy in the event it is destroyed or becomes defective;
(c) Decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Software, create derivative works based upon the Software, or make any attempt to bypass, unlock or disable any protective or initialization system on the Software;
(d) Rent, lease, sub-license, time-share, or transfer the Software or documentation, or your rights under this Agreement.
(e) Remove or obscure any copyright or trademark notice(s) on the Software or documentation;
(f) Upload or transmit the Software, or any portion thereof, to any electronic bulletin board, network, or other type of multi-use computer system regardless of purpose;
(g) Include the Software in any commercial products intended for manufacture, distribution, or sale; or
(h) Include the Software in any product containing immoral, scandalous, controversial, derogatory, obscene, or offensive works.

4. Termination. This license is effective upon the first use, installation, loading or copying of the Software. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destruction and disposal of the Software and all related documentation. This license will terminate automatically without notice from the Company if you fail to comply with any provisions of this license. Upon termination, you shall destroy all copies of the Software and any accompanying documentation. All provisions of this Agreement as to warranties, limitation of liability, remedies or damages shall survive termination.

5. Copyright Notice. The Company and/or our Licensors hold valid copyright in the Software. Nothing in this Agreement constitutes a waiver of any right under U.S. Copyright law or any other federal or state law. The Software is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.

6. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. If any provision, or any portion, of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, it shall be severed from, and shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Agreement.

7. Limited Warranty and Disclaimer of Warranty. For a period of 90 days from the date on which you purchased the Software, the Company warrants that the media on which the Software is supplied will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. If the Software fails to conform to this warranty, you may, as your sole and exclusive remedy, obtain a replacement free of charge if you return the Software to us with a dated proof of purchase. The Company does not warrant that the Software or its operations or functions will meet your requirements, nor that the use thereof will be without interruption or error.

EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE LICENSE GRANTED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATE, LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT, OR OTHER LOSS SUSTAINED AS A RESULT OF INJURY TO ANY PERSON, OR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, IN NO EVENT SHALL LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY FOR DAMAGES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE EXCEED THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR THE SOFTWARE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY AND SUPERCEDES ALL PROPOSALS OR PRIOR ENDORSEMENTS, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY OR ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT."

#2784236 - 02/11/07 11:52 PM Re: Where can I buy it? [Re: CatsEyes]  
Slackdaddy Offline
Slackdaddy  Offline

MD
Cateyes,
Thanks for taking the time to post the EULA.
It clears alot up.
reading it, as long as one wipes it off their computer, they are free to sell the original program, it can only be installed on ONE computer, and making COPIES (not moving it, but copy)is only allowed for personal backup to restore on the computer where it lawfully resides.

It comes down to the differance between copying or moving.
just the same as I can sell My "fill in the blank" program, as long as I wipe it from My drive, If I donot wipe it from My drive, I now have an illeagal copy on My drive.
I guess it all comes down to honesty, did You buy a new copy of windows for every computer ??

Slack

#2784237 - 02/12/07 09:26 AM Re: Where can I buy it? [Re: Slackdaddy]  
CatsEyes Offline
CatsEyes  Offline

Sydney NSW Australia
Hi Slackdaddy,

I think if you read the EULA carefully you'll see that's not part of the 'permitted uses'. You're not entitled to transfer the software to another user.

But hey, I'm not ThirdWire. I'm just trying to provide you with the legal info, so you can make your own choices.

Cheers.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Unusual climate conditions during WWI.
by RedToo. 05/17/24 04:52 PM
WW2 allied railroad effort after D-Day
by oldgrognard. 05/16/24 12:06 AM
New Viper Demo team livery
by RossUK. 05/15/24 03:48 PM
Beate Uhse-Rotermund.
by RedToo. 05/14/24 03:47 PM
Actor Bernard Hill was 79
by NoFlyBoy. 05/06/24 10:54 AM
Maple Griefs Forever
by KraziKanuK. 05/05/24 11:07 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.