Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3599984 - 07/01/12 08:48 AM Bizzarre  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

This video has the most incoherent, most illogical, nonsensical narrative from beginning to end. It's not nonsense because the ideas are outrageous, it's nonsense because it sounds like another language you've never heard before. I can neither agree nor disagree with it says because there is no idea to agree or disagree with, each sentence just appears to move on to a new 'idea' or train of thought with no connection to the previous sentence. Unless I am dense and there is something I'm not getting, anyone care to explain with this sham is about? You would think people who talk like that are completely mad, except it's likely they're somehow making money off it scamming people. I just can't figure out what it is they actually sell.

No one gets out of here alive.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3599987 - 07/01/12 08:59 AM Re: Bizzarre [Re: Kontakt5]  
Hartford688 Offline
Hartford688  Offline

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Out of interest - why do you care?

#3599990 - 07/01/12 09:07 AM Re: Bizzarre [Re: Kontakt5]  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

Curiousity. I just happen to land there from another topic.

#3600000 - 07/01/12 10:22 AM Re: Bizzarre [Re: Kontakt5]  
McGonigle Offline
Motorius Emeritus
McGonigle  Offline
Motorius Emeritus

Copenhagen, Denmark
What I can make of it, the core idea seems to be that some theoretical physicists in the field of quantum mechanics have proposed theories regarding the universe being a waveform.

This stuff is so heady and theoretical that I could not tell you anything about it apart from just referring to some notions that in such theories time as we know it does not exist, but is purely a figment of the human mind.

Then it starts going into a philosophical direction which might not be part of the theories at all: I think they are trying to visualize the being of the universe as not one of matter but one of amplitudes, frequencies, holograms with fractals and every part of the universe embedded in every tiny part of the whole creation, possibly inspired by the way quarks seem to be interdependent and connected, even across light years, chaos in temporary stable and unstable conditions, claiming ultimately that the reason the universe seems to exist is because we with our consciousness observe it.

This then leads to ideas that with our minds we actually have a bearing on the structure and evolution of the universe because of a quantum mechanic effect whereby the instrument used to observe it (us), influences the result observed.

Finally I think they talk about the consequences of humanity influencing the future of the universe and this is where I sense there is a great risk of falling into a logical trap by a leap of imagination unfounded by any physics phenomena observed or theorized about: delusions of humanity as the "masters of the universe"

Does this then mean that man is the only intelligent life in the universe? or is there room for other beings elsewhere? If there are other intelligent beings (and please let them be way smarter than us) how will they influence the course of the universe? Or are they supposed to be creations of our minds, so that, as we go looking for them (observing in the quantum mechanic sense) they will magicallly pop up?

And what about life here on Earth? Should we only think certain thoughts because the "wrong" thoughts could topple the order of the universe? Does that not imply a society where ultimately your thoughts are dangerous, and you could see yourself incarcerated and mentally "cleansed" by some "Big Brother"?

To illustrate the point: Now that I have written these lines, have I now imagined a future that will thereby have to be created?

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop
#3600002 - 07/01/12 10:42 AM Re: Bizzarre [Re: Kontakt5]  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

Reltionship to consciousness and quantum mechanics, that's what led me here.

#3600020 - 07/01/12 11:41 AM Re: Bizzarre [Re: Kontakt5]  
Rask Offline
Rask  Offline

It seems so bizarre, because it simply is bizarre.

What the video did is take the well known physics principle of the Observer effect, which simply states that in certain situations your way of observing changes the observed system, mixes it with a bit of Heisenbergs Uncertainty principle and concludes out of it that since you can't really observe the universe it simply does not exit (which is already bizarre and wrong in itself). Then it throws this conclusion in a big bucket together with some string theory, religion and a bit parapsychology. The end result just makes your head hurt.

Videos like this turn people against science, since it implies that science is just an advance combination of vodoo magic and guessing and ignores the fundamental rule in science that just because you can't explain something yet with existing theories, does not mean that the theories itself are wrong.

#3600122 - 07/01/12 03:47 PM Re: Bizzarre [Re: Kontakt5]  
Clydewinder Offline
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
...somebody's been to the weird side of youtube.

Robots are stealing my luggage.
#3600176 - 07/01/12 05:52 PM Re: Bizzarre [Re: Kontakt5]  
Kontakt5 Offline
Hotshot
Kontakt5  Offline
Hotshot

These are videos made by cultish groups of some kind- one of the first clues is a reference to Edward Cayce. Are they brainwashing people? It sure is difficult to actually understand.

#3600177 - 07/01/12 05:56 PM Re: Bizzarre [Re: Kontakt5]  
Clydewinder Offline
Clydewinder  Offline
Hotshot

New Berlin, WI United States
I've watched some stuff similar to that and, maybe it's just me, but it's spontaneous headache about 2-3 mins in. Kinda like watching the 9-11 truther or chem-trail stuff.

Robots are stealing my luggage.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
South Africa’s C-47 Dakotas Set For Retirement
by F4UDash4. 05/11/24 07:09 PM
Actor Bernard Hill was 79
by NoFlyBoy. 05/06/24 10:54 AM
Maple Griefs Forever
by KraziKanuK. 05/05/24 11:07 PM
Dick Rutan was 85
by F4UDash4. 05/04/24 11:02 AM
May the 4th be with you!
by RossUK. 05/04/24 09:30 AM
MLB (baseball)
by PanzerMeyer. 05/02/24 10:37 AM
Admiral Rickover
by RossUK. 05/01/24 12:57 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.