Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#3976738 - 07/04/14 01:08 PM Red Orchestra set-up question Brightness problem  
Tracy Offline
Tracy  Offline

Chillicothe, IL
Have the day off, all set to play a little Red Storm Rising. Decided to change up the graphics a bit. Got into the video set up page and accidently clicked on the brightness button !

Hopefully someone else has done this...the thing starts clicking like crazy, scaling all the way down to zero brightness - all by itself I might add. And now of course I can't play the damn game because you can't see anything once the game starts up.

So here I am, asking if anyone knows a way to fix this without having to delete and re-install the game. Which would take all day. I had the same thing happen a couple of months ago when I set the resolution too high for what my computer would take. That was an easy fix as I found the RO Games config file and just re-set the resolution in there. But there is no file that says Brightness setting, but there must be something in there I can change to get the brightness level re-set.

Any help greatly appreciated !
Thanks !
Tracye

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#3976849 - 07/04/14 08:30 PM Re: Red Orchestra set-up question Brightness problem [Re: Tracy]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Just deleting the config.ini ahould be enough? Just keep a copy in a temporary folder...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3976972 - 07/05/14 12:29 PM Re: Red Orchestra set-up question Brightness problem [Re: komemiute]  
Tracy Offline
Tracy  Offline

Chillicothe, IL
Thanks komemiute, that took care of it.

#3976978 - 07/05/14 01:20 PM Re: Red Orchestra set-up question Brightness problem [Re: Tracy]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

No probs! thumbsup
If you feel like you need some support I'm a good gunner and rifleman.

Just add me on Steam. Komemiute it's the name.

Last edited by komemiute; 07/05/14 01:21 PM.

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#3977068 - 07/05/14 09:34 PM Re: Red Orchestra set-up question Brightness problem [Re: komemiute]  
Tracy Offline
Tracy  Offline

Chillicothe, IL
Yes, I may look you up. I really enjoy this game. Its the first time I have ever tried Multi-player. I bought Battlefield 3 thinking I would try that after playing Red Orchestra for awhile, and don't really like it that much, things just move to fast (I am getting up there age wise).
But the ROS servers I have been on have been a lot of fun, and you do get a sense of what it must have been like to have been in either of those theatres during WWII.

Take care,
Tracy

#3977145 - 07/06/14 05:57 AM Re: Red Orchestra set-up question Brightness problem [Re: Tracy]  
frinik22 Offline
frinik22  Offline

...." I bought Battlefield 3 thinking I would try that after playing Red Orchestra for awhile, and don't really like it that much, things just move to fast (I am getting up there age wise)"....

Funny for me it's the opposite; after playing BF3 MP to death I decided to try RO2 Heroes of Stalingrad MP and found it too sedate for me.So I am back to BF3 and I am 58!

Last edited by frinik22; 07/06/14 05:57 AM.
#3977149 - 07/06/14 06:47 AM Re: Red Orchestra set-up question Brightness problem [Re: Tracy]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Tracy
Yes, I may look you up. I really enjoy this game. Its the first time I have ever tried Multi-player. I bought Battlefield 3 thinking I would try that after playing Red Orchestra for awhile, and don't really like it that much, things just move to fast (I am getting up there age wise).
But the ROS servers I have been on have been a lot of fun, and you do get a sense of what it must have been like to have been in either of those theatres during WWII.

Take care,
Tracy

I must admit I bought in RO2 after having had a good time with the first one.

At first I was a bit worried as there was a big difference, but both the community and the developers were pretty great at handling the situation.
As of now, and with Rising Storm added to the RO2 part... it's pretty damn fine.

Wish I had more time! :P

Click to reveal..
Para_Bellum

Ice

MigBuster

Sauron
#3977231 - 07/06/14 02:58 PM Re: Red Orchestra set-up question Brightness problem [Re: frinik22]  
Tracy Offline
Tracy  Offline

Chillicothe, IL
Now we are working in the wrong forum ! But would you mind sending me a PM letting me know the name of a good platoon(s) to join in BF3? I think that is the only way I am going to learn the mechanics of that game well enough to really enjoy the MP part of it. I could just take the lowest class and kind of follow the rest of the platoon around, helping out where I can and pick up on the tactics and what the other players are doing. That way it would not be so overwhelming.

Last post here...I promise !

Tracy

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actor Bernard Hill was 79
by NoFlyBoy. 05/06/24 10:54 AM
Maple Griefs Forever
by KraziKanuK. 05/05/24 11:07 PM
Dick Rutan was 85
by F4UDash4. 05/04/24 11:02 AM
May the 4th be with you!
by RossUK. 05/04/24 09:30 AM
MLB (baseball)
by PanzerMeyer. 05/02/24 10:37 AM
Admiral Rickover
by RossUK. 05/01/24 12:57 PM
Conversational English 1586
by PanzerMeyer. 04/30/24 10:45 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.