Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4035958 - 11/14/14 06:11 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Frederf Offline
Frederf  Offline

Tor uses command guidance to steer missile from the unit, much like the AIM-120 except without the ARH end-game of course. It isn't SARH.

Drag and bag is an air-to-air term that is not native to this subject area. Cooperating air assets with deception are more commonly known as "hunter-killer" tactics.

Due to the Tor's short acquisition times and automation, an unnoticed shooter is not common. Separating the AG missiles in azimuth and especially elevation in a compressed time period gives the Tor (or Tor battery) the most difficult self-defense problem.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4035960 - 11/14/14 06:14 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Yeah which i figured what the issue was in the first place, as when I shot level, the Maverick lofted, giving the Tor plenty of time to do its nails, have a cup of coffee and shoot down my Mav. By diving the intent is to make it more laser like so the Tors missiles will launch, but can't get the angle right and miss. That and I noticed that sometimes the Tor will launch from the report after a failed attempt, that it fired like three missiles per one Maverick I shot.

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4035962 - 11/14/14 06:15 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: GrayGhost]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Originally Posted By: GrayGhost
I'll see if I can find out, but I know they're quite busy right now. I'm not trying to raise your hopes, rather I'll just if a statement of some sort can be made.

Could you tell me what issues you have with it? I'm not particularly involved with the helis myself.

Well, those would be too many to list, and a lot that I don't even know of since a lot of features aren't even implemented yet and I'm no Mi-8 expert. The issue I'm having is that 14 months after release, the Beta work that's been put into it is what you'd expect after less than 1 month. Just look at Leatherneck Simulations, I'm pretty sure that their very first update to their MiG-21 was several times larger than all Mi-8 updates to date combined.

#4035967 - 11/14/14 06:19 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
GrayGhost Offline
Hotshot
GrayGhost  Offline
Hotshot

I don't know if Leatherneck is in the same boat as BST.

In any case, I don't know what to ask about, other than the manual.

--
44th VFW
#4035986 - 11/14/14 06:48 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Probably not the exact same boat, but I nonetheless have a hard time believing that they for 14 months have continuously been unable to further develop this product, that I'm regretting purchasing at this point.

#4036009 - 11/14/14 07:52 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: EricJ]  
RSoro01 Offline
RSoro01  Offline

New Hampshire, USA
Originally Posted By: EricJ
Matter of fact RSoro01 here's a track I recorded last night...

http://562.50megs.com/DCS/Su27Mountains.zip

Thanks. I'll download them and take a look at my earliest opportunity. This and the one in your next post. Might not be until tomorrow, though.

#4036010 - 11/14/14 07:59 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
No problem RSoro01. I'm working on some A3 stuff so I've shifted focus for the time being but given that was again my first Ironhand mission after two years of inactivity, shows some definite rust.

But scrim ED products are always high quality, just sometimes due to development issues usually major bugs get overlooked at the outset, and taken care of... sometime.

- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4036026 - 11/14/14 08:42 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
NineLine Offline
ED Community Manager
NineLine  Offline
ED Community Manager

BC, Canada
On BST progress:

Originally Posted By: EvilBivol-1;2199723
Just want to chip in here quickly. We indeed built up some ground to make up and we do see the signs of frustration. We will not leave any of our products "hanging" with major incomplete features. By major features I mean whole elements like training missions and manuals. These will be completed and updated where necessary. Some code features like AI gunners, sling loads or engine overheat are by their nature more fluid and difficult to pin down, but still I believe we will accomplish all of our goals and planned features. Ultimately our stake is in producing quality products and even if with some growing pains, we will work to meet the standards we set for ourselves and we know you expect of us.

This year has turned out particularly challenging in that we ended up falling behind on some key features while making unusually quick progress on developing numerous technologies, modules, and projects. On the one hand it's very exciting to see DCS technology and product variety develop at this faster pace, on the other hand it further extended our deficit. We are making adjustments (for example now have more hired staff to work on document translation) and will complete everything we set out to.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2199723&postcount=34

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 11/14/14 08:43 PM.
#4036055 - 11/14/14 09:45 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: NineLine]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN
On BST progress:

Originally Posted By: EvilBivol-1;2199723
Just want to chip in here quickly. We indeed built up some ground to make up and we do see the signs of frustration. We will not leave any of our products "hanging" with major incomplete features. By major features I mean whole elements like training missions and manuals. These will be completed and updated where necessary. Some code features like AI gunners, sling loads or engine overheat are by their nature more fluid and difficult to pin down, but still I believe we will accomplish all of our goals and planned features. Ultimately our stake is in producing quality products and even if with some growing pains, we will work to meet the standards we set for ourselves and we know you expect of us.

This year has turned out particularly challenging in that we ended up falling behind on some key features while making unusually quick progress on developing numerous technologies, modules, and projects. On the one hand it's very exciting to see DCS technology and product variety develop at this faster pace, on the other hand it further extended our deficit. We are making adjustments (for example now have more hired staff to work on document translation) and will complete everything we set out to.

Yep they sure have made some pretty big strides in the last month ..... oh no they actually haven't

From Evil 26 September 2014 (ref MI8 Manual)
No, I think we'll have the manual out next week. I was originally going to say this week, but that's probably not very likely and I don't want to end up with my foot in my mouth (again). If there are any further delays, we'll at
least provide a working draft so you know it's in progress.

Yep lots been done on this

Last edited by leaf_on_the_wind; 11/14/14 09:50 PM.

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4036057 - 11/14/14 09:49 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Hellfire257 Offline
Hellfire257  Offline

Considering what's been said before, I don't think we have much reason to believe that statement, or take it at face value at least.

Words are wind.

#4036058 - 11/14/14 09:51 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Yup, that's nothing more than a bunch of bullsh*it in my eyes, despite being a fan of Belsimtek. Engine temperature might be a complicated thing, but even just door gunners and cockpit lighting systems aren't, and both of those are missing from the Mi-8 (re lighting systems, it's not even finished in the Huey).

#4036190 - 11/15/14 07:08 AM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Well... I did say sometime, unfortunately it takes awhile.

Last edited by EricJ; 11/15/14 07:10 AM.

#4036222 - 11/15/14 10:49 AM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: EricJ]  
RSoro01 Offline
RSoro01  Offline

New Hampshire, USA
Originally Posted By: EricJ
...[A]nother track I did last night..does show me managing to get a good shot in on the Tor (SA-15 Gauntlet). After trying the H's I don't particularly recommend using them but I prefer the D model Maverick as you can see the target better and gets in a quicker lock on the target. Loadout is 1 x ALQ-184, and 6 x AGM-65D, full gun (though not needed of course). I figure a good dive attack (the intent is to not allow the loft of the Maverick to reach a point where the Tor can shoot down, as it did the first time I launched. I'm sure he can add his expertise into this (again this is my first time doing Ironhand after a long while). But it's fairly simple track, a bit long but overall after that many tries what the hell, somebody will learn something right?

Requires: A-10A for DCS, 1.2.11
http://562.50megs.com/DCS/a10MavTor.zip

That was fun to watch. Thanks for sharing. I haven't done any SEAD since FC1.x and, right now, I am creaking with rust, when I can move at all. smile I'll have some time this weekend for the sim, I hope. It'll be interesting to see if I even remember how to fly the A-10A, let alone fight it. It'll be interesting to see how the AI AA platforms have changed.

Rich

#4036266 - 11/15/14 01:57 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
I've said this before and I'll say it again. If we want to send a message to anyone about our displeasure over how they've taken advantage of the Beta status, stop buying their products. Speak with your wallets. I for one am tired of these Beta releases that go unfinished for months/years. You want 100% of my money, so give me 100% of the product.

BST is slow rolling this, plain and simple. I'll definitely rethink my next purchase from them.

#4036314 - 11/15/14 04:31 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Warmbrak Offline
Warmbrak  Offline

Western Australia
Different strokes for different folks...

#4036321 - 11/15/14 04:46 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: RSoro01]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Originally Posted By: RSoro01

That was fun to watch. Thanks for sharing. I haven't done any SEAD since FC1.x and, right now, I am creaking with rust, when I can move at all. smile I'll have some time this weekend for the sim, I hope. It'll be interesting to see if I even remember how to fly the A-10A, let alone fight it. It'll be interesting to see how the AI AA platforms have changed.

Rich

No problem man, it was interesting to get back into figuring a solution to a problem rather than just talk about it, and just so you know D Mavericks are better than the H versions, I'm able to get a quicker acquisition time since I run full throttle its needed, just need to slow down. Though given the slow push of the engines keeping the engine full throttle gives me that energy to break away so I don't fly into it's threat zone.

#4036591 - 11/16/14 11:35 AM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: ST0RM]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: ST0RM
I've said this before and I'll say it again. If we want to send a message to anyone about our displeasure over how they've taken advantage of the Beta status, stop buying their products. Speak with your wallets. I for one am tired of these Beta releases that go unfinished for months/years. You want 100% of my money, so give me 100% of the product.

BST is slow rolling this, plain and simple. I'll definitely rethink my next purchase from them.

I completely agree with you!

I was actually thinking about buying the Mi-8 module but until it doesn't come out from Beta or at best until it doesn't have door-mounted machine guns modeled, I won't buy it.

The worse part from BST is that instead of finishing their products (Mi-8) or at least finish them at the fastest pace possible, they start new products (Mig-15) instead and seem to dedicate most of their resources in starting those new projects instead of finishing the released ones for which they already received money from! I could be wrong about this but this is definitely the impression that I'm getting regarding BST.

Anyway, that's why I only purchase modules when they reach the "final" or "complete" (well, non-beta) version and never buy Beta games/modules! For example, I only purchased DCS:Huey once it came out from Beta.

Personally, the only exception regarding the possibility of purchasing a Beta Module would be the F/A-18 module but even for that I would have to consider a number of factors until I decide to buy such a Beta version.

#4036605 - 11/16/14 12:30 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

I would hesitate to call the Mi-8 Beta at this stage tbh. I'd say the Arma 3 Alpha was at an equal stage during its early phase. That's how neglected the Mi-8 currently is.

#4036668 - 11/16/14 04:18 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
ST0RM Offline
ST0RM  Offline

Ten Mile, Tn
Scrim, I think it's still listed as Beta.

Thankfully, the modders have come through and provided us with an English cockpit. Made learning a bit easier.

Jeff

#4036751 - 11/16/14 07:07 PM Re: DCS: World 1.2.11 [Re: scrim]  
ricnunes Offline
ricnunes  Offline

Portugal
Originally Posted By: scrim
I would hesitate to call the Mi-8 Beta at this stage tbh. I'd say the Arma 3 Alpha was at an equal stage during its early phase. That's how neglected the Mi-8 currently is.

Well according to the DCS World GUI it is (Mi-8MTV2 1.2.11 Beta). And the fact that door-mounted machine guns and other features are missing seems to prove this.

Regarding ArmA3 Alpha, that was another game that I haven't purchased. Actually I haven't (and don't intend to) purchase ArmA3 even in its "final" version but that's an another story.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actor Bernard Hill was 79
by NoFlyBoy. 05/06/24 10:54 AM
Maple Griefs Forever
by KraziKanuK. 05/05/24 11:07 PM
Dick Rutan was 85
by F4UDash4. 05/04/24 11:02 AM
May the 4th be with you!
by RossUK. 05/04/24 09:30 AM
MLB (baseball)
by PanzerMeyer. 05/02/24 10:37 AM
Admiral Rickover
by RossUK. 05/01/24 12:57 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.