Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2471937 - 03/17/08 04:40 PM Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it??  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
This is great!! I saw a thread at the zoo about Enjoyr's latest no-add-on patch and it seemed to indicate that it had a new version of Dgen from Starshoy, which allows campaigns for the '46 add-on aircraft. This is what many of us have been waiting for but where and how did he get it and why the semi-secrecy??? I just downloaded the patch and am only interested in the Dgen.exe itself and the new europlanes.dat and pacificplanes.dat files. I have no use for the rest of Enjoyr's patch although I'm sure it's very well done. Just that in order to install it, it would undo years of editing/modding of Dgen files that I have done myself over literally years. This is why I'm only going to use the three files.

If you want the latest Dgen.exe but don't want Enjoyr's patch, just do like I did, download the patch and only extract it to get the three minimum neccessary files to use the '46 planes. You also will have to add some of the newer planes to the appropriate planes***.dat files yourself. So that they will show up in the campaigns. For example, you could add the N1K2-JA and J2M5 to the later war Japanese campaign like I did below by editing the planesJAA.dat file:

( last few lines of planesJAA.dat file opened up in Notepad editor )
[Okinawa]
KI_84_IB
KI_61_IOTSU
J2M3
N1K2JA ( added this here )
[Japan]
KI_84_IB
KI_84_IC
KI_61_IOTSU
KI_100_IKO
N1K2JA ( added this plane again here )
J2M3
J2M5 ( added this here )

Last edited by Fishingnut; 03/17/08 08:01 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2471944 - 03/17/08 04:50 PM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
By the way, please back up the aforementioned three files before you replace them with these. I personally have yet to test this new Dgen.exe, as I have DL'd them to my laptop but have to transfer them to my desktop ( which does not get on the interet ) so I can try them. I can only hope to fly the new planes in Dgen campaigns so I hope they work.

#2471961 - 03/17/08 05:10 PM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
I still am trying to figure out why he got a new Dgen.exe for his patch when some of us have been trying to get a hold of Starshoy for nearly a year about this. Did Enjoyr find some way to get in touch with Starshoy?

#2471964 - 03/17/08 05:13 PM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
Enjoyr Offline
Enjoyr  Offline

Czech Republic; Jihlava
DGEN.exe 4.0.8.5 be in patches by the gently agreement of from Ljekio (and Starshoy..). ;\)

In some event won't be enough adjustment files planesXYZ.dat,but will necessary edit yet some way next files...

Last edited by Enjoyr; 03/17/08 05:15 PM.
#2472080 - 03/17/08 07:50 PM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Enjoyr]  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
Great job Enjoyr!! I just tried the very edit I mentioned above and the J2M5 is working great in the Japan sub-campaign. This is what I have been waiting over a fecking year for, pardon my french.

Last edited by Fishingnut; 03/17/08 07:55 PM.
#2472088 - 03/17/08 07:59 PM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
Oh Enjoyr, it's good to see you are using my old Italian and Russian Prokorovka campaigns I created back when my username in here was "MM1965". I changed to Fishingnut over two years ago because I forgot my password to that account and I could not get a new password e-mailed to me because I had used a PoP3 e-mail from an ISP that I no longer had access to since I had moved. Thus the change from MM1965 to Fishingnut!! Had no choice but to start a new account.

Last edited by Fishingnut; 03/17/08 08:02 PM.
#2472405 - 03/18/08 03:22 AM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
vtrelut Offline
vtrelut  Offline

PARIS
I got the new DGen.exe from Ljekio ULMAR, and forwarded it to EnjoyR. Since I could not get in touch with Starshoy, I contacted Ljekio because I remembered he is the one who brought us the previous version when he released his African campaigns in late 2006. I also updated the files Europlanes.dat, Pacificplanes.dat, and a lot of other planesXXY.dat files which do exactly what you mention above. All these are included in EnjoyR's patches.

#2472427 - 03/18/08 04:03 AM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: vtrelut]  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
 Originally Posted By: vtrelut
I got the new DGen.exe from Ljekio ULMAR, and forwarded it to EnjoyR. Since I could not get in touch with Starshoy, I contacted Ljekio because I remembered he is the one who brought us the previous version when he released his African campaigns in late 2006. I also updated the files Europlanes.dat, Pacificplanes.dat, and a lot of other planesXXY.dat files which do exactly what you mention above. All these are included in EnjoyR's patches.
Cool, there have been a whole bunch of people trying to get in contact with Starshoy to get that. Just what the doctor ordered. I have never heard of that other person you mentoined but I'm glad he was able to help out. I can't patch Dgen with any add-on, including Ejoyrs since I have made so many tweaks to Dgen over the years. Patching would destroy what I have done to get it where I want it. As long as I got the three most important files, that's what counts.

By the way vtrelut, you may want to reduce the cruise speed of the LaGG-3RD to 400Kph instead of 450. It seems 450 is a little too fast to be practical for that slow jet. I have already tried it out set at 450, it's possible but 400 is easier.

#2473678 - 03/19/08 03:43 PM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
So far the new Dgen has worked for me with every '46 aircraft I have tried. For me this is far more of an improvement and a better update than even the 4.09 patch!!!

#2474274 - 03/20/08 03:18 AM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
Tolwyn Offline
Tolwyn  Offline

WA, United States
All this is just too confusing to me.

My personal licensing agreement: In exchange for my hard-earned cash for your product, you agree to the following terms: No part of my hardware may be used as a mechanism to verify or reverify my economical patronage. My receipt will serve that purpose. If you disagree with this license, you may return my money to me, and I'll return your product. \:\)
#2474275 - 03/20/08 03:19 AM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
Tolwyn Offline
Tolwyn  Offline

WA, United States
What file(s) are you modifying, and why do you need the euro* and pacif* files from Enjoyr? What other planes*.dat files are you editing?

Originally Posted By: Fishingnut
So far the new Dgen has worked for me with every '46 aircraft I have tried. For me this is far more of an improvement and a better update than even the 4.09 patch!!!

My personal licensing agreement: In exchange for my hard-earned cash for your product, you agree to the following terms: No part of my hardware may be used as a mechanism to verify or reverify my economical patronage. My receipt will serve that purpose. If you disagree with this license, you may return my money to me, and I'll return your product. \:\)
#2474428 - 03/20/08 08:27 AM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Tolwyn]  
Boelcke Offline
Boelcke  Offline

Düsseldorf Germany
 Originally Posted By: Tolwyn
What file(s) are you modifying, and why do you need the euro* and pacif* files from Enjoyr? What other planes*.dat files are you editing?

The new planes must be defined in the europlanes.dat and pacificplanes.dat, to work in dgen campaigns; theref ore you need these files in addition to the new dgen.exe.

Furthermore you can edit "older" dgen campaigns, to integrate the new planes in the concerning campaigns. In the enjoyr patch there are some files integrated, which add some of the new planes into some older dgen campaigns.

EDIT: Some more information about it, here:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2474073#Post2474073

skins and campaigns by Boelcke:

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com
#2474440 - 03/20/08 09:20 AM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
[quote=vtrelut] I can't patch Dgen with any add-on, including Ejoyrs since I have made so many tweaks to Dgen over the years. Patching would destroy what I have done to get it where I want it. As long as I got the three most important files, that's what counts.

Dude..you realise you could have multiple installs?and then frig with it as much as you want...

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#2474543 - 03/20/08 01:08 PM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Ajay]  
Skycat Offline
Hotshot
Skycat  Offline
Hotshot

Pennsylvania or Montana
Multiple installs takes up a lot of space but if you make a back up your current DGen folder and rename it, you could then add the Enjoyr patch to one of the versions and keep the other as your tweaked version. I have a couple of DGen folders myself:

DGen_orig = Unmodified 'virgin' files.
DGen = Current game folder.

If I want to switch folders, I rename the working folder first and then restore the proper name for to make the other folder active:

DGen = Unmodified virgin files, now active.
DGen_Enjoyr = modded folder, now deactivated.

If you're afraid of forgetting which is which, just put a text or Word doc in each folder with a reminder to yourself. \:\)

Remove before flight
#2474587 - 03/20/08 01:33 PM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Skycat]  
Boelcke Offline
Boelcke  Offline

Düsseldorf Germany
... i have four IL2 installs

skins and campaigns by Boelcke:

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com
#2475271 - 03/21/08 01:03 AM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Boelcke]  
Fishingnut Offline
Fishingnut  Offline

Good ole' U. S. of A.
Yes guys, I know I can have more than one install and/or Dgen folder. But there's also the fact that the mods I have made are just as good as Enjoyr's. I already know what he has done and have examined his files. So I am happy with my own mods and I have what I want so far. Although I do know his stuff is good, no argument there.

The Italian part of it he got fome me anyway because I posted how to do it a long time ago when I was under the name MM1965. I lost the password to that account 4ever though so I change it. I think some of my ideas might have helped to get him started on his excellent series of patches. Because I am a Dgen tweaker from way, way back.

Last edited by Fishingnut; 03/21/08 01:06 AM.
#2475509 - 03/21/08 12:25 PM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Fishingnut]  
Hynkel Offline
Hynkel  Offline

Lulea/Norrbotten/Sweden
Why don't any one compile an zip with all necessary file's that is needed? including most resent DGEN. just an idea!

S.W aka "Hynkel"
Visit my IL2 page at
http://hynkel.dinstudio.se
#2476131 - 03/22/08 01:52 AM Re: Enjoyr has a new Dgen.exe in his latest patch!! Where'd he get it?? [Re: Hynkel]  
vtrelut Offline
vtrelut  Offline

PARIS
Well, this is exactly what we have with EnjoyR patches, don't we?

EnjoyR patches simply compile all updated DGen files available on public downloads, rename some to make them compatible, add the new DGen.exe, and include bug corrections and all latest DGen updates from the community's contributers.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
How Many WW2 Veterans Still Alive 2024?
by F4UDash4. 04/26/24 02:45 AM
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.