This add-on is a lot of fun, in any language. And the gameplay ran smooth as silk on my machine on medium settings, even on the busy airfield, and in the middle of the furballs.
I’m going to hope 1C will fix the RAF flight models in the final release, because I do think they have porked the RAF flight models, and I think that combat report showed it. But in the meantime, if you download this add-on, there are three Luftwaffe campaigns to fly — Bf110, Bf109 and Stuka! Or, if your PC was ok with the pre-beta patch code, roll it back to that. I think that is what I will do.
I had about given up on Cliffs of Dover and moved on to sims with more gameplay in them, but this add-on, with its campaign engine, fantastic use of radio commands, radar intercepts, trigger and spawns to guarantee action, is probably enough to get me back in.
And the fact it is in German, well that is half the charm! Thank you, Google Translate.
I will finish off with a screenshot slideshow taken in-mission, to show some of the variety in the missions in this pack. Note in particular the insane level of detail on the airfields and ground targets, which is a Desastersoft hallmark.
- Airfield activity.
- Historical detail and skins.
- Mission designs without glitches.
- Objectives that leave you feeling a warm glow when you can complete them.
Could Be Better
- If it was in English! That is arriving before end-of-the-year according to Desastersoft’s Thomas Voss.
- The campaign system is still too tough for me, but that is a small price to pay for so much content.
News just out that Desastersoft is working on a new add-on titled: Adolf Galland – The Expert, Jagdgeschwader 26 in the Battle of Britain – 1940. More details soon.
Reviewer’s System Specs
- ASUS G73JW laptop (Intel i7 processor)
- 4GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460m
- 2GB VRAM
- Windows 7
We want your Feedback. Please let us know what you thought of this article here.