Aerosoft, the well-known developer of the Microsoft Flight simulator games, has released the steam version of their Manhattan X addon for FSX. Created by Andras Kozma, the Manhattan X addon is a follow up to the successful Manhattan Scenery addon for FS2004.
One thing that should be noted is that you should certainly read the manual which gives tips on suggested display settings. Ignoring the suggestions might lead to some reduced performance which will impact just how much you enjoy your time in Manhattan.
- Covers the entire Manhattan Island (East Side, West Side, Uptown and Downtown) plus Ellis Island, Governors Island, Roosevelt Island, Statue Island.
- Four heliports
- Very high density scenery with hundreds of detailed buildings
- Full FSX features using bump maps, advanced shading and reflections
- Scheduled ship traffic (Staten Island Ferries)
- Many special effects included (like sounds, smoke, birds)
- Mission that lets you take a $199 helicopter tour of Manhattan
- Professionally designed charts with all helicopter routes
Fly amongst New York’s most iconic buildings, practice your landing skills on four heliports, and put your skills to the test in the Manhattan helicopter tour mission. The island is brought to life with AI ship traffic, detailed buildings, and reflective light effects.
Manhattan X features high-density scenery and advanced shading throughout the entirety of Manhattan Island. Manhattan X is best explored with small aircraft and helicopters. Even if you prefer to fly larger aircraft, you`ll still enjoy the view when you approach nearby airports.
- OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz or higher (single core)
- Memory: 2 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX®9 compliant video card or greater, 256 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher (Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 500 MB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Broadband internet connection required for multiplayer features